What's new

Smallville season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I don't understand how this 'netlet' can only schedule ten hours a week of prime time programming and yet they can't even fill their slate without throwing in an "encore episode" of America's Next Top Model. Pretty pathetic IMO. The CW should just pack it in all together...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I don't know that it's confirmed. I saw it as a projected move by CBS in one of the pre-fall schedule articles. As I recall, they thought it would continue in Canada one way or the other, so we should at least be able to see it eventually.

Edit: Good news, Mikah! Today's CBS schedule article on EW (sorry, I know you don't want to hear about EW any more :D) says Flashpoint will return in the winter! I like this show because it's a police show, but it's kind and emotional. I call it the Ghost Whisperer of cop shows.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Looks like Kara won't be finding Kandor and returning to Smallville (at least, not beyond a guest appearance or two). She's landed on the new V.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I have to say that this is the worst Smallville finale that I have ever seen. Did the writers check out for an early hiatus?
Really bad writing. Was that suppose to be a clever twist by that not really being Jimmy? Oh Brother. Clark continues to be whiny and the Doomsday/Clark fight? Where was it? One car and it's over?
The season was really quite good until they decided it was coming back for yet another year and with two more of the writers leaving and going to Melrose Place, I do not have high hopes for next year.
And, will we ever hear from Martha again?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Smallville has a bad Braveheart-esque father-son relationship going on with its fanbase right now, IMO.

Fanbase: Smallville! You rotting bastard! Why? Why?

Smallville: CW required another season. So did our producers. That was the price of your viewership.

FB: Die! I want you to die.

SV: Soon enough I'll be dead. And you'll see "Superman" fly.

FB: I don't want anything from you. You're not a show, and you're not my Superman.

SV: You are my viewers, and you have always known my mind.

FB: You deceived me.

SV: You let yourself be deceived. In your heart, you always knew what had to happen here. At last, you know what it means to hate. Now you're ready to be satisfied viewers "next year".

FB: My hate... will die... with you.

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
As many others have said the last few minutes were good, but the whole doomsday story was stupid from the beginning.

At least I won't have to endure "Jimmy" for another season.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Looks like Chloe will be Watchtower next year, for sure. But how will they bring Lois back? Will Cosmic Boy bring her back and tell Clark he was stupid not sending Doomsday to the future with the ring? Oh, well. I guess we will have to see how thie next season progresses. I really think it will be the last season. Plus, I will give Vampire Diaries a try. Sounds like a good fit with Supernatural. Any news about the poosibility Reaper will be syndicated?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I finished S8 last this weekend (my wife and I watch Smallville on DVD), and I was curious what HTF had to say about it. Having read the thread, I'm glad to learn I'm not the only one a bit let down by Doomsday.

Still, I thought it was generally an exciting season. There was a stretch in the middle that was thrilling and emotionally gripping; reminded me of the first few seasons. And whether it was an 18 month gap between watching S6 and S7 or just S7, we thought it was bland. So I was oddly glad to see Lex out of the picture and new dynamics created with Clark, Tess, and Chloe.

My biggest grumble is that I don't understand Doomsday as a character. Jor-el's evil brother sense Krypton goo to Earth to become a senseless monster to kill all humans. By hand. One at a time. For no reason. Even if Doomsday killed one human a second, it would take nearly two centuries to eradicate the human race! And then he'd be a howling monster stalking the planet, immortal, waiting a few million years for apes to evolve into new humans, so he can kill them again. An aimless, inefficient killing machine is uninteresting. Is there more to it in the comics?

Regardless, it was fun. And now I'm grumbling that I have to wait a year to see S9!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks