What's new

Smallville season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Notice the off handed reference to Batman. Tess said something about "like keeping a bat around to kill off the parasites of the city".

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

You mean April 23, right?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't feel like wading through every page in this thread but can someone please refresh my memory as to what exactly is happening with Kara this season?

For the life of me i'm drawing a complete blank on her activities. :confused:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay, now I can't tell if you guys are screwing with me lol. I want to say that Greg's right, though.

I want to know because a friend of mine just finished last season and wanted to know what becomes of Kara, I felt like a huge moron when I couldn't give her an answer.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What I said is the truth. Clark freed her from the Phantom Zone, some stuff happened that I don't remember, and she announced that she was heading off to find the Kryptonian city of Kandor.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Seriously, Laura Vandervoort stars in Into the Blue 2 (coming out on DVD tomorrow) and has a part in the V remake this fall...

:D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah. They were wandering around and then they got out and brought a phantom with them that slid into Lois's body. I think they had to grasp a crystal to force it out.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The pre-credits act was pretty lame, but the Lois/Clark stuff the rest of the episode was really solid. The Jimmy storyline is still BAD, and the Chloe/Davis thing just does not work for me. I just don't buy the Chloe we've seen for 8 years now secretly disposing of bodies that her new serial killer boyfriend stacks up...

Great quick wit references in this episode. The "carve an 'S' into the chest" comment, the ribbing of the online "Clana" discussions via "Blue-etto", and the "Can you read my mind?" callback.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Lois and Clark stuff was the best--particularly the phone call. I'm glad they ended with that instead of the interminable wrapup scenes they normally have. Only weak spot was, when he turned away, he should have flown off the roof.

Cool that they introduced Bruno Mannheim.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Am I the only one who was actually rooting for the mob guys when they were giving psycho Jimmy the beat down?

Sorry, you can't go all Jack Torrence on Chloe and send her profanity-ridden emails and expect me to care about you, Jimmy.

Loved the stuff with Clark and Lois! The only thing I would have liked during the phone call was if they snuck in there real subtle like John Williams Superman/Lois love theme from Superman The Movie.

Give us our Chloe back! :frowning: Davis has lead our beloved brainy girl down a super dark path and it's paining me big time. :frowning:

Lastly, Lois in the Stileto get-up = yum!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
In fact she looked super hot through this entire episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately those two events were completely tied together. I was getting more positive about Chloe when she went to the Watchtower, but then the Davis business turned it around again. Still, if the Davis plotline ends with this season maybe her character can be turned around again. I have a dread that she is going to be killed, though.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
thanks Jason =D. i'm 2lazy to lookup the ep list =P.

i feel like clark just has to head towards confronting davis beast at the end of the season anyways. is it really renewed for another season for real or just talks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks