todd stone

Screenwriter
Tonights episode was awesome!

Hearing the superman theme
blew my socks off.

I love how this episode was directed!

MichaelD

Stunt Coordinator
Wow....I too loved this episode. It dragged at the beginning, but the last 20 minutes were great.

Gruson

Second Unit
SIMPLY AMAZING!

I still have chills. It was great hearing John Williams' music and seeing Christopher Reeve again, as part of Superman.

I want this to be released on DVD now!

EVERY Superman fan needs to see this episode.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Agreed. Torn between listening to the great movie music and hearing the dialog..

I just PRAY they don't mess up the Superman history in smallville, like they plan to do in the new movie. That last line from tonights ep got me severly worried, but was a GREAT ep the rest of the time.

James T

Screenwriter
I was flipping channels between this and Buffy with the intention to focus more on Buffy, but I ended up wathcing most of this episode and only caught the fight scenes in Buffy.

Great episode. I was kinda disappointed with this season and when I saw Clark fly in the opening scene, I thought I missed a whole bunch of important episodes.

It's nice to see Chris Reeve again. Also it's nice to see a week off of the Kryptonite-exposed villian of the week.

What was the last words of the ep? I guess I missed it.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
This ep was totally awesome. Hearing the theme music and when the key opened the "uplink" in the cave in the shape of the "S" on Superman's chest was incredible.

If I was Clark, I would have let Chloe it have it for putting that picture and editorial in the Torch.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Best episode of the series by far, and perhaps the best hour of television all year. I was caught up in this from the flyby at the beginning right to the storm cellar thing at the end. And the music! I heard the early smallville themes during the Swann/Clark talk, and I was geeking out. Then when they did the dun dun dah dah dun... dun da dun right before that one commercial break! I was in the air whooping for joy! Without a doubt, this is the first new Superman that's managed to take me back to the original Donner film since that one came out. Miller, Gough, and Co. totally nailed it.
I just PRAY they don't mess up the Superman history in smallville, like they plan to do in the new movie. That last line from tonights ep got me severly worried, but was a GREAT ep the rest of the time.
It sounded strikingly similiar to some of Brando's lines as Jor-EL from Superman: The Movie. Sounds to me like Clark slightly misinterpreted it. Even if they do make the striking change, it would be interesting to see how it plays out... Earth was sent a conqueror but was given a protector!

Sorry I'm rambling, but I'm just so gosh darn happy!!!!!!!!!

Rocky F

Second Unit
The ending basicly was a messsage from Jor-El, saying that Kal was sent to conquer Earth. I think that this is neat twist, and really doesn't deviate anymore that the Clark/Lex friendship. I am really looking forward to upcoming episodes, I think this opens up a lot of possibilities, I just hope the don't miss a lot of opportunities. Well, I could ramble forever about this awesome episode, but I won't.

Gary_E

Second Unit
They crammed a lot of information into this great episode but it was so well presented, the hour flew by.

This has been a very good second season of Smallville and each week it gets better.

One of my favorite HD shows.

-Gary

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
God, I feel like such a geek for enjoying the episode as much as I did! Well, I'll just say what I usually do - that I saw it for Kristin Kreuk. Best episode so far this season. Definitely glad that the writers are steering clear from the monster-of-the week route and delving more into the character development. Hope it keeps getting better!

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be honest, I've not watched any of the Smallville series since it's inception. I was afraid it was going to be a teen soap and didn't want to ruin the history for myself. However, when I saw that Chris Reeve was gonna be on, I had to see how they would handle it.

I've been a huge Superman fan most of my life, with 300 comics to back that up :)

I sat and watched this one from the beginning, and let me tell you, I haven't gotten chills up and down my back like that in a long time. Seeing the shield in the key, hearing John Williams' score, seeing Christopher Reeve (One of the most courageous men alive),...etc.

OH MY GOD!! What did I do missing the rest of this series? Now I have another DVD set to wait for, argh!!

BTW, As far as the message from Jor El in the ship, it was a misinterpretation by Clark. It'll be interesting to see how he resolves these issues in coming eps. I can't believe I could get hooked on a show after 1 ep.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
After the first subtle cue of the WIlliams score (when Clark started talking to Swann), I turned to my wife and said "did you hear it? That was the Krypton theme from the movie!" Like everyone else has said, an awesome episode. I got the chills, goosebumps, shivers down my spine, whatever the heck you want to call 'em. As soon as the episode ended, my phone rang; it was my brother calling for a comic book geek fest!

My area won't be broadcasting the WB in HD until April, but hopefully they'll replay this episode later this season or over the summer, and after this one, I sure as hell am going to shell out for the HD tuner to be ready for it...

Gregory E

Second Unit
Tonight's show was great! Actually, I think the last few shows have been really good. I'm glad they've gotten away from the "freak of the week" routine and delved deeper into the story of Clark Kent. And I think they've done an excellent job with Lex's character too. I can't wait for these first couple seasons on DVD!!!!

Kristin Kreuk :emoji_thumbsup:

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
man..GREAT EPISODE.

I was all smiling and my skin was covered in goosebumps as soon as the Fortress of Solitude Music started playing!!!!

CR rules!!!!

And Smallville is the BEST.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks