What's new

Since we're asking old Halo questions... (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
How the hell do you go about getting the longer intro? You know, where you take control of Master Chief while he's still laying in the cryo chamber, then you have to go through his calibration sequence?
If you don't get that intro, you take control of him as he's stepping out of the chamber, then you completely skip the calibration sequence.
You'd think that simply starting a new game would give you the longer version.
Nope.
I've started several new games. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. It's been over a year since I beat Halo. Played it many times since. It's still THAT good! But, I've never been able to figure out this intro problem. :confused:
Am I missing something here?

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
New game with a new profile? If you start a game with an old profile, the game probably assumes you know how to control it...

Dan B

Screenwriter
Also, this bit has been taken out of the Game of the Year version of the game for some reason. It's the only difference from the original version of the game as far as I know.

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
Do you mean the part where you calibrate him? I have the GOTY edition, and I can guarantee it is there.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Really? I had read that it was removed from the GOTY edition. I know that I didn't see that part on my copy. (I've had 2 Xbox's and 2 copies of Halo...1 GOTY and 1 not) On my GOTY version, which was played on a different Xbox than the other version (so a previous game save was not involved), that part was not in the game.
I think the answer must be that you have to start a new game on normal or easy difficulty for that calibration thing to kick in, since I started the GOTY version on Heroic.
The answer is probably at http://www.bungie.com or especially at http://halo.bungie.org

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
U have to start it on "EASY". It takes u thru the calibration thingy.....course I never even saw that until my son played it on that difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks