What's new

Quick ask before repairing LSP9T. (1 Viewer)

Righ

Auditioning
Real Name
Geoffrey
Bit of a time sensitive situ: My DLP's throwing bad pixels, so I shipped it off for repair.

$898 is the quote from Samsung for the DLP chip. $295 labor and $200 in sunk postage. I spent $3,999 new (Canada model off Ebay). Zero issues and full kudos for the unit until this summer's first bad pixel.

First thought was to mull over getting an upgrade to the newest UST, but the owner was raving about how good the LSP9T was compared to anything else he's seeing in the shop. Mostly Vava, and they're plagued with issues. This is his first LSP9T.

I asked and he's not able to ID a better UST. Says this is better than new stuff, which makes me sad. I've been out of the market since 2020 as one of the first to buy the LSP9T.

So, before I commit to the repair, I ask you; has there been a better UST in production you can recommend?

Bonus question: Is there a better resource for DLP chips for less than the $898 quote from Samsung?

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
To be honest, I wouldn't be inclined to pay for a repair on a Samsung product...

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Glad your LSP9T was successfully repaired.

I've seen Samsung’s new Premier 8K UST and we are very excited for the launch later this year! On March 21st we'll have an update with prices and the launch date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks