What's new

Simpsons....THE WORST! this time for real! (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Wait...I didn't think Groening was Republican...quite the opposite. Do you have an interview or something?
Groening is not. He has lampooned to play himself as such to poke fun, but his donations certainly do not read that way..

Joel C

Screenwriter
I have seen every single episode of the Simpsons first run since I was in second grade, and I think that it is different now, but still just as good as ever. This season in particular has been a favorite of mine. I thought the Hulk episode was very funny (with the exception of some of the Stan Lee stuff). So, it just goes to show that when it comes to this show, everything is a matter of opinion. I've never hated an episode, and even ones I disliked (the alligator one) are very funny on repeat viewings.

Marge: "That little girl sure loved dots!"

Me: "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
What does South Park have to do with last night's episode? I think you folks are reading way too much into it.

The SuperDog (or whatever he's called) cartoon was done in the same spirit as Itchy & Scratchy, except instead showing absurdly extreme violence to parody the cartoons, it's showing something extremely disgusting, another trend in cartoons.

The Stan Lee thing was great, Comic Book Store Guy was funny as usual, and I love the fact that people call him Comic Book Store Guy.

I'm usually the first to bash things whenever I can, but people are just way too eager to attack this show. I think it's at least partly due to the fact that the show has been on so long, and there are always crowds of folks drooling in anticipation waiting to jump on it whenever they feel they notice a sign of weakness.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
People have been bitching about the current state of the show and pining for the "good old days" since they changed Homer's voice during Season 2.

In three years, people will be posting about how whatever the current episode is sucks, and saying "Why can't they be making good episodes...you know like that classic one with the 'Angry Dad' comic and Stan Lee?"

My only criticism is that most of the Internet jokes were about 2+ years too late. My favorite moment was how all of the hands went down (except two) after the "Danger Dog" creator answered the question about what state the show took place in.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
What does South Park have to do with last night's episode? I think you folks are reading way too much into it.
The vomiting sequences, along with the color and the fact that vomit was flying into faces was straight out of SP, with references to "love" moments w/Wendy..

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Was pretty funny to me.

As far as pulling the wire out of the wall goes you might as well. I build office interiors, I can tell you that 90 percent of the time all the network and phone cable is ripped out or abandoned in place and new wiring is installed when a new tenant moves in even if only a few walls are moved. Most companies want new certified wiring and most networking vendors will not certify wiring they did not install. For some reason, nobody ever seems to realize that with a little research into the original installer they can save 50 grand for a medium sized office.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Oh, man, I laughed so hard during this episode... "It's not about the stock options... it's about how much copper wire you can steal" (or something like that), for some reason I found that scene funny as hell.

The Internet cartoon was funny too... the only thing I didn't find funny was the Hulk spoof, but it made sense since Stan lee was in it. The whole thing about Stan Lee refusing to leave the story was funny too.

Worst episode ever? Far from it...

/Mike

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, the puking dogs were not funny in this episode, but so many people in HTF liked it in Tree House of Horror last year when Bart created the puking frog mutation?

I liked the horse tranquilizer joke because the label on the bottle read " churchill downers".

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I found some belly laughs in this episode:

Mr. Blackwell debating Mr. T: "I pity da fool who derives self-esteem from criticizing other people's clothes."

"My weeklong dream has come true!"

Rob

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I thought it was a great episode. My personal favorite line: "I hope no one's drawing this!" with "My week-long dream has finally come true!" taking a very close second.

Pieter

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Don't know why but I found the following exchange hilarious...

Milhouse's Dad: Any questions?

Milhouse (in a full auditorium): Did you know Mom is going to remarry?

There is always one line that can salvage a whole show for me.

Doug

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was hilarious when they asked the kids how much stock they wanted and then just gave it to them. Bart came back later and asked for more and was pulling it off a toilet paper roll! If you've never been in that situation you won't find it too funny but it was great.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I found this episode to be ho-hum. Some good moments, but overall didn't come together. It wasn't a bad episode (I didn't dislike it the way I dislike some other shows). It was just a really mediocre Simpsons, for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks