What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Rudy (1993) (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
CELEBRATING THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY
OF THE INSPIRING MODERN CLASSIC
479beba4-bfed-e9c3-9ee2-f811840e8e38.png
9e4647ad-c2e5-71af-cedd-67514e63ad40.jpg
FEATURING AN ALL-NEW DIRECTOR’S CUT OF THE FILM
IN ADDITION TO THE ORIGINAL THEATRICAL VERSION,
DEBUTING ON 4K ULTRA HD™ NOVEMBER 14TH
SYNOPSIS
All his life, people have told Rudy he's not good enough, not smart enough, not big enough. But nothing can stop his impossible dream of playing football for Notre Dame. From the time he's a young boy, Rudy (Sean Astin) is determined to join the Fighting Irish. But his blue collar family only laughs at his ambitions - they know Rudy will follow his father and brothers to the local steel mill. And, for four long years after high school, he does just that. But some dreams won't die, as Rudy proves when he goes to heroic, occasionally hilarious, lengths to win admission to Notre Dame. Once there, he becomes a walk-on player, serving as little more than a human tackling dummy against the starting players. Bloodied but unbeaten, Rudy wins the respect of legendary coach Ara Parseghian and the other Irish players, who give him one shot at gridiron glory. An incredible true story from the creators of Hoosiers, RUDY is an unforgettable testament to the power of dreams and the triumph of the common man.

DISC DETAILS & BONUS MATERIALS
"I’m so pleased to share this new version of RUDY, now in its full and intended Director's Cut presentation. It's a different movie, but in a very good way! The 4K and Atmos upgrades also perfectly enhance the experience, making this the ideal gift for RUDY fans everywhere. Never give up!” - David Anspaugh, Director

4K ULTRA HD DISC

• NEW: 127-minute Director’s Cut of the film
    • Also includes the original 114-minute Theatrical Cut of the film
    • Both versions of the film remastered in 4K resolution from the original camera negative and presented in 4K with Dolby Vision
    • Both versions also include all-new Dolby Atmos immersive audio mixes
    • 4K picture and Atmos sound mix approved by director David Anspaugh
  • Also includes English 5.1 for both versions + 2-channel surround for the Theatrical Cut
  • Special Features:
    • NEW: Feature Commentary with Director David Anspaugh and Screenwriter Angelo Pizzo (Director’s Cut Only)
    • NEW: 5 Additional Deleted Scenes
    • Theatrical Trailer
BLU-RAY DISC
  • Theatrical Cut presented in High Definition
  • 5.1 audio
  • Special Features:
    • Rudy: The Real Story Featurette
    • Production Featurette
    • First Down with Sean Astin
CAST AND CREW
Directed by: David Anspaugh
Produced By: Robert N. Fried, Cary Woods
Written By: Angelo Pizzo
Executive Producer: Lee R. Mayes
Cast: Sean Astin, Ned Beatty, Charles S. Dutton, Lili Taylor, Robert Prosky

SPECS
Runtime:
Director’s Cut Approx. 127 minutes / Theatrical Cut Approx. 114 minutes
Rating: PG for mild language / Unrated
4K Ultra HD Feature Picture: 4K Ultra HD: 2160p Ultra High Definition, 1.85:1
4K Ultra HD Feature Audio: Both Versions: English Dolby Atmos, English DTS-HD MA 5.1. Theatrical Version: English 2-Channel Surround

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

LCD22

Screenwriter
Is this in error? Are they really going to have both cuts, commentary, deleted scenes, and the theatrical trailer only on 4K? This is a significant upgrade.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Isn't this a bit expensive??

I didn't pay attention to the price until you brought it up.

Yes, it's very expensive despite being a SteelBook.

I would highly expect this to drop at least $10 by release day.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Currently $29.99 on Amazon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My code only redeemed for the theatrical cut. Director's Cut requires an additional purchase at most retailers.
Hmm, my old iTunes HD digital that I purchased in 2019 for $4.99 upgraded both film versions to 4K/Dolby Vision with 5.1 multi channel audio along with some bonus material. I don’t use those other streaming services unless I have to use them.

Anyhow, what you noted is something I’ve been complaining about the digital format for years. The lack of uniformity across the services with their digital files has not been addressed by the industry. Frankly I don’t think they care that this home video format isn’t maximizing its potential and quality.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My code only redeemed for the theatrical cut. Director's Cut requires an additional purchase at most retailers.
I don’t see a directors cut available for purchase. My old copy of Rudy now has new extras including the Directors Cut (both in hd at the moment).

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Hmm, my old iTunes HD digital that I purchased in 2019 for $4.99 upgraded both film versions to 4K/Dolby Vision with 5.1 multi channel audio along with some bonus material. I don’t use those other streaming services unless I have to use them.

Anyhow, what you noted is something I’ve been complaining about the digital format for years. The lack of uniformity across the services with their digital files has not been addressed by the industry. Frankly I don’t think they care that this home video format isn’t maximizing its potential and quality.
And on the Apple TV app on non-Apple devices (such as Roku), you only have access to the theatrical cut.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is another example of corporations not caring about their customers, at least not to the extent that they cared many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks