What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Simpsons Season Six On August 16th (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just clicked the link in your post and it worked fine in Netscape 7.1. Could be a problem with your browser.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It must have just been down for awhile. I tried two different browsers and neither worked, but I just tried it again and everything is fine.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone else noticed the high amount of tape 'hits'? They are especially noticeable during "And Maggie Makes Three". Not that they are very distracting, just very surprising.

And speaking of that episode (and a bit OT) I noticed an error when Marge tells Homer about Bart being born...As he runs up the stairs crying, there's a picture of Lisa on the wall. The same picture is there when Marge tells Homer about Lisa being born.

Of course, this turns out to be an even BIGGER error when they show the episode where they don't even OWN the house until after Marge is pregnant with Lisa, but I guess I'll let that one slip. :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It always bugged me that in "Homer's Barbershop Quartet" the Family has Santa's Little Helper "years" before the Christmas Special when they found him at the track.

How about "Fear of Flying" Marge has flown on an airplane prior to that episode. Also, Marge's father was a Flight Attendant in that episode and in a previous episode we were told he was a baby photographer (although I suppose he could have done both at different times in his life, but still...)

I'm sure you can write a book about all the things in the Simpsons that contradict what is seen in other episodes. Actually in one of the Season 6 commentaries they point out that they never wrote any backstories for secondary characters.

On a side note, speaking of the "And Maggie Makes Three" episode, I was watching it this morning. I never noticed until this day, that in the end when you see Homer's workstation and the "Don't Forget You're Here Forever" Plaque covered with Maggie's pictures the only letters that are not blocked out spelled "Do it for her" It blew me away that I only saw it for the very first time today after all these years. (Probably people who read this are thinking, "You never noticed that...Dumbass!"

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Yeah, they're usually well aware of continuity errors, sometimes even before the fact, and even point them out in the commentaries. They err in favor of making a particular episode they're working on the most enjoyable, and that's fine with me.

One error they've never mentioned, though, is that, in "Crusty Gets Busted", a news piece by Kent Brockman that sums up Crusty's history mentions that Crusty's show is on another channel/network. Later, they both work at the same station. ;)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

I have seen that episode many, many times, and I also noticed that for the first time when watching it on DVD. Weird.

Also, has anyone watched The Springfield Connection all the way through? I got some weird flickering during one scene when Marge is talking to Homer in their bedroom I believe. Timecode is 0:16:52. It happens the exact same way every time in the same spot, so it's obviously the disc. Whether or not it's just my disc or all of them I'm waiting to see.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Funny, in the commentary for the episode one of them mentions how they were worried that people would not pick up on the "Aaronson and Zuchowski" joke, but there is no mention of the "Do it for Her" thing which obviously some other people besides myself have missed.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Thanks Will! That's funny-I never noticed that flicker in syndication-I wonder if that seen is cut from the syndicated version.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
IIRC, When the sign it first being put up, David M. mentions how the writers spend a lot of time figuring out signs that can be changed by rearranging or losing letters, etc.

They obviously don't point it out when it was shown, but it was referred to earlier. Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I can't believe there are people who missed that.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Such as "Cod Platter" = "Cold Pet Rat" or "Enjoy Our Party Snacks" = "Boy Our Party Sucks"

Jotsa

Auditioning

A lot of things like these and stuff people may have missed are written in the Simpsons Season Guides, which are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks