What's new

Simpsons Season Six On August 16th (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Thats the first Ive heard that the Homer head is a limited edition packaging.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
One strange thing that I noticed was in "A Star is Burns" (The Critic episode), the volume on a couple of sound effects was very low. These are when Jay screams when meeting Marge's sisters for the first time, and when Krusty's date burps. I thought they were missing the first time I watch the episode on DVD, but I went back and turned the volume all the way up and they were actually there, just really quiet.

I was listening through the 2 speakers on my TV, since those are the only speakers I have. Does it also sound like this if you have 5.1 speakers?

It is mentioned in the commentary, because I also didn't notice the sign gag until they mentioned it.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I listened to it in 5.1 and it sounded fine. I'll try to do a test with just the speakers on my tv and see if it's any different.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I listened to both of those "sound effects" last night with just the TV speakers and they are fine.

The one thing to note is, they ARE in stereo and only coming out of the right speaker (I believe in both instances), so perhaps your right speaker isn't functioning properly? or maybe it's just an illusion since the sound is only being played from one speaker and not both.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I guess it's possible the right speaker isn't functioning. I've always been able to hear the sounds in syndication, but maybe it comes out of both speakers in that version.

I posted earlier about barely being able to hear some of the people on the commentary tracks. Are some of the people's voices also coming out of only the right speaker?

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I did like the simpsons season six box.....until yesterday! I was taking out the fourth disc when the plastic thing that holds all 4 discs came off the backing! All the used to hold that thing in place is 4 little sticky pieces. It was horrible. I had to move the sticky things around and try to push it back on. It will prolly came off again later. :frowning:

Another thing was my 4th disc has multiple scratches on 1 side. I did nothing to it but the moment I took it out I saw it.:angry:

Also did anyone else notice on the episode where marge is a cop, and homer is sitting on the bed, the screen fades twice to black for no reason. Is everyones copy like this or just mine? all of the sudden he is talking and it just flickers twice like someone turned out the lights.:angry:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Josh, the fade out was mentioned earlier in this thread. It was the dimming of the lights when Hans Moleman was executed.

The problem with the scene (as far as DVD goes) is, fade outs are MURDER on MPEG2 compression schemes, so they are never pretty and get EXTREMELY pixelated. If you go frame by frame during the fade out, you'll see how bad it really is (like really bad JPEG's on the web). This is very noticeable during the act break when Marge arrests Homer. HOLY CRAP! Mine did the EXACT same thing last night. I went to grab disc 4 and all 3 plastic holder came out, only attached by a single strand of glue/gummy stuff.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
My trays came loose this week too! I thought the Homer-head package was a neat idea, but they just went about it the wrong way.
Anyone find any hidden stuff? I'm still trying to figure out why the episode numbers the characters are holding can light up, but all they do is play the episode normally.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Me too!

Did anyone else notice (on the first disc) that the "Season 6" circle spins around (to reveal a button for bonus features), when you click the + button, on every episode except for one?

I forget which episode it was off hand.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Does anyone have their replacement box yet ? I'd like to know what I'm getting. I have nightmares that it will be shaped like Patty or Selma.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
If you click the episode number on the Who Shot Mr. Burns menu, you get animated gunshots. I'll have to go back and check the other discs now.

Not only have the disc trays become unglued from the box, but they're now starting to get separated since they just have a piece of tape holding them together! I hate to say it, but this package SUCKS!

Josh_HI

Second Unit
My trays have also started to come apart!When I saw what was holding the trays together I was dumbfounded. I cannot believe how crappy it is.:angry:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my trays arent coming apart but i did take the tray out and pull the gummi things off.

its easier to just takeout the tray and open it to whatever dvd you want to watch then to try to open the tray while it is
still in the head.

i like the head case.

it will look much better dislpayed on a shelf then the regular case.

thats why i'll order the cardboard case and display the head cases.

the ep number thing is odd.
wonder what the deal is with that.

plus no real eggs to speak of other then the anne bancroft tribute.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
There's also a brief hidden menu animation you can get by clicking on the episode number on Treehouse Of Horror. Yes, I went through every episode menu just to find it, and only 2 out of all of them have anything hidden.
What was the proper way to get to the Anne Bancroft thing? I found it just by manually entering the title- the control is disabled during playback but I can go to it with the player in stop mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks