What's new

Simpsons 3/9 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Personally I thought this was one of the funniest episodes this season. Great to see the show set its aim on politics again. Loved the elderly Three Stooges. The shining moment of the show was Homer eating the Joe Millionaire promo.
"Mmmm. Promo."
Spits it out.
"Eww! FOX."

Ike

Screenwriter
Loved this episode. Very much in the vein of classic Simpsons.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, a great episode, it was nice to see them back in satiric mode (I'm pretty sure that this was a direct reference to the recent mini-scandal where congress approved a measure to give a pharmacaudical company retroactive immunity from certain lawsuits, because someone had managed to sneak that measure in to the Homeland Security bill). Definitely had that vintage feeling.

Did you notice the jab at the Brazilian tourism board (or whatever it was called)? Good little comeback for the complaints about the episode where the Simpsons went to Brazil. :)

The best scene: Homer starting to sing a CCR song when Marge called for someone "to do CPR". :)

/Mike

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I agree. Great episode. Also, they left Krusty in congress at the end, continuing their recent trend of making changes.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I really wasn't much amused by this at all - the Fox News crawl was funny, but the rest just didn't seem to work, and seem forced besides.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Great episode. My co-workers all felt that the show was getting too absurd and not focusing enough on the characters that made the show a hit. Last nights was a return to form, I feel. Love the broom gag on the roof.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I loved the digs on Joe Millionaire and FOX News. Always refeshing to see The Simpsons biting the hands that feed them. :D

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Anytime they use little Maggie is a great moment for me...I also loved the grief stricken and wacked out Lisa on the floor...

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
The ever so subtle way they managed to call the tourism board gentleman a monkey's uncle was perfect. I'm guessing a few people missed that the first time, my wife included.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Personally, I thought the episode was pretty poor. Fortunately, there were at least a few laughs.

KENT BROCKMAN:
"And to prove we're live... PENIS!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks