What's new

"Side Surround" speaker placement (1 Viewer)

Marty Garner

Auditioning
This is my first post here, and I was wondering if I could get some tips on speaker placement.

I moved into a new house that has a 19x17 room over the garage. My wife and I have already painted the inside and have begun to make it the home theater.

I'm in charge of design and getting the equipment.

Right now, the sofa, love seat and recliner are about 3 feet from the end of the long end. I've purchased a pair of B&W CDM SNT speakers to compliment the rest of the B&W CDM series that I have. What I'm trying to nail down is the placement of the side speakers in relation to the listeners and the rears.

I'm planning on moving the seating up at least a couple of feet, but then the sides may end up pretty much directly pointed at the seating area. Once I mount the sides, I'd really rather not have to move them, so any tips?

Thanks,
Marty

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
If you pop over to Dolby's site you'll find suggestions there. Also a good read are a series of articles by Dr. Floyd Toole which can be found here. Something will click for you i'm sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks