What's new

Should I Upgrade? (1 Viewer)

JW3571

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathan
Hi, I'm new to the forum and wanted suggestions on if I should upgrade my equipment, and if so, what equipment should I upgrade first? Here's what I'm currently running:

50 Panasonic Plasma
Yamaha HTR-5240 Receiver
JBL S310 Main Speaker
JBL S-Center Studio Series
Technics Rear Surround Speakers
Infinity BU10 Subwoofer
Samsung VR357 DVD/Recorder
Motorola DCT 6412 Cable Box

What do you think of this setup? Should I upgrade and if so, what should I ugprade first? My sub is nearly 15 years old, should that be first? For some reason this system hasn't sounded as good as I thought it would. When watching movies it seems like I can't get the dialogue loud enough. If i do get it loud enough everything else is way too loud. I've tried messing with the amp settings which helped some but still doesn't sound incredible. Let me know your opinions.

Thanks

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
You will also need a sound pressure level (SPL) meter if you use one of those discs to calibrate your speakers. Radio Shack sells them. The analog one is less expensive ($45) and works best, IMO. I own an older model, and it's been a very useful tool for the $35 I spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks