What's new

Looking to upgrade my AVR (1 Viewer)

DarthTangYang

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcus
Hello!
I currently own a Denon AVR-2106 which i quite old. It doesn't have any HDMI ports and doesn't support 4K. And since I've recently invested in a 4K Blu-Ray Player I thought perhaps I should get a better AV-Reciever as well.

However, I don't want to spend a fortune so I've been looking at the Sony STR-DH590 which goes for $388 here in Sweden.

shopping.jpeg

But you guys definitely know a lot more about these things than I do so I thought I might ask for advice before I make a commitment to a specific product. Maybe you have a better option within a similar price range?

One thing my current AVR has that the Sony doesn't have is ports for 4 front speakers that allows me to either switch between them or run all 4 simultaneously, which I would like to be able to do since I currently have 4 front speakers.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I owned a couple of different Sony receivers many years ago -- not really a fan of their low end stuff. I agree with @JohnRice , stick with Denon in your price range. I currently have a Denon X3300W (it's several years old now), and it's been great. This is my first Denon, after owning a couple of Pioneer Elite models.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks