What's new

Share your online photo gallery (1 Viewer)

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
Have an online photo gallery you'd like to share with other HTF members? I thought it might be fun to start a thread where folks can post links to theirs. I'll start things off with mine:

My Favorites

I'm curious to see what the rest of you are up to...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Nice idea, Dave. Here are a few of the many photos I took this summer on our trip to Yellowstone National Park. I've just started my smugmug account, so I'll be adding our trip last summer to the Canadian Rockies at some point.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I had never heard of smugmug. Does it cost to maintain your albums there? Is it hard to set up?

Thanks

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

It's pretty easy to setup. There is an annual charge, but you get unlimited storage and bandwidth. Minimum cost is $40 per year. There are no advertisements on the site when people view your galleries, and there is no requirement to buy prints to keep your storage, like some of the "free" sites.

I'm using the service more as an off site backup for all my digital photos. Only a small number of my photos are available for public viewing. I have many more that are in private galleries.

homevideo45

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Amily Green
Thanks for sharing , but I don't have a photo gallery yet , when I got one i will share with you also.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
Scott, thanks,
Most were shot with a monopod; a couple were handheld. I find I can shoot at speeds down to around 1/4 second with the monopod, if I'm careful. It also helps to brace against things like light posts, mail boxes, etc.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Don,

I have yet to try a monopod -- it's either been handheld or a tripod. I've always wanted to try one, though, since they are more transportable than a tripod. I've just wondered if they would help much more than the image stabilization built into my lenses. I can usually hand hold at 1/4s with my 17-55 IS lens at the wide end of the range.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
Scott,

Without the monopod I'm fairly steady down to 1/15th. Any slower and the results get inconsistent. So it extends what I can do without having to drag along a tripod (the one I have was made for my video camera and it's pretty bulky). I have been thinking about getting a lighter tripod because I've been shooting series of photographs (say of a sunset, two hundred shots spread out over an hour or so) and turning them into movies in QuicktimePro. You get a time-lapse look in high definition that's pretty interesting.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for sharing, Keith. You have some beautiful photos in your galleries. I love the sunset photos. You certainly are getting a lot from the very nice Canon dSLR setup you listed in the "which digital camera do you own" thread.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
Kevin Potts,

Very nice stuff there. I especially like Creek Bridge 4 and the color Union Station. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks