What's new

What's On Your Mind? (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It appears that there was enough warning that they shut off the bridge to traffic. There may still have been some cars on the bridge, but there were definitely some workers on it doing some patching/pothole-filling, according to reports.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Surprised they had time to stop any traffic. There's a timeline on one of the news sites that seems to indicate the entire incident took place in less than 5 minutes from the time the ship lost power until the bridge collapsed.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
It's been over a year since I've given two sh*ts about coronavirus. Kinda wanted to put all that craziness behind me but too many people are still walking around with masks on and it's driving me crazy. You can't get away from it. Are people covering up nowadays just to avoid the Flu? The CDC has declared the Emergency over so I think it's just people deeply traumatized by the events of the last 3 years. Those folks will never take their masks off. I feel sorry for them.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Just drove through the hardest downpour I have seen in recent memory- was like driving in dense fog- couldn’t see more than a couple of truck lengths forward. I had to back ‘er down to about 40, and put the hazards on for a couple of minutes. Something good at the end of the harrowing ride though- very well-developed rainbow.
IMG_0294.jpeg
IMG_0293.jpeg

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Anyone feel the earthquake? My cousin and her husband, who live near New York City
(Glen Ridge NJ) sure did. I have another cousin who lives close to Philly (where I’m from) that felt it too. Hopefully no major damage to infrastructure, and no injuries.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I was using a basement restroom at work so I did not feel it but my co-worker who was covering for me in the lobby did. He said there were windows rattling. I missed the whole thing. Earthquakes are pretty rare for NYC but I vividly remember a brief shaker when I was about 7, so around '81. My bunk bed shook pretty good.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Anyone feel the earthquake? My cousin and her husband, who live near New York City
(Glen Ridge NJ) sure did. I have another cousin who lives close to Philly (where I’m from) that felt it too. Hopefully no major damage to infrastructure, and no injuries.

I am in New Jersey and I clearly felt it. Lasted a good 20 seconds.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
As rare as quakes are in this region, they seem to be increasing in frequency. Thankfully, not in intensity. A magnitude 6 or higher for the NYC area could be potentially devastating. I'd hate to be in the Holland or Lincoln tunnels if one strikes.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My wife was on a Zoom call with people spread out geographically when the quake hit. Several people were reacting to the tremors, including one in Vermont.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I didn't notice anything at my location in Vermont, but my father just a few miles away claims it rocked his recliner pretty good.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I am in New Jersey and I clearly felt it. Lasted a good 20 seconds.
Same here except I'm in PA. I was sitting in an office and thought a big truck was driving by until it kept going and going and then I wondered if it was an earthquake. I stopped wondering about a minute later when a friend texted me "Earthquake!" :)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
It's been over a year since I've given two sh*ts about coronavirus. Kinda wanted to put all that craziness behind me but too many people are still walking around with masks on and it's driving me crazy. You can't get away from it. Are people covering up nowadays just to avoid the Flu? The CDC has declared the Emergency over so I think it's just people deeply traumatized by the events of the last 3 years. Those folks will never take their masks off. I feel sorry for them.
At least they aren't wanting you to put one on. I and other people do it but it doesn't affect you.

I want to tell your next surgeon not to wear a mask. Would you like that?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
How is it not the same thing? Wearing masks in both cases was/is to reduce the possibility of infection.

Surgeons are REQUIRED to wear masks. And, what, exactly, are people afraid of becoming infected with? The common cold? Coronavirus is no longer a threat after the CDC declared the emergency over. It's over, folks. You can take those masks off now.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Surgeons are REQUIRED to wear masks. And, what, exactly, are people afraid of becoming infected with? The common cold? Coronavirus is no longer a threat after the CDC declared the emergency over. It's over, folks. You can take those masks off now.
Why do you even care about what other people decide to wear or not wear to protect their health? If a person wants to wear a mask that's their own business. Some.people can be highly susceptible to respiratory infection. Someone gets a cold or flu and comes to work and gives it to everyone else. Someone in that group will go through Helll trying to get rid of it, so they wear a mask to at least reduce the.possibility of giving or getting an infection.

I don't get why some people get concerned when another person decides to make a personal choice to do something they wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks