What's new

Disney+ Ultimate List of 4K Movies on Streaming (2 Viewers)

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Next steps
To filter, collect and catalog every relevant film available (2023 and older) in the 4K format streaming on Netflix. This will be crucial for expanding the database and enabling us to locate the same titles across different regions and platforms in the future. I'll be excluding any titles that meet the following criteria to avoid inflating the database with non-relevant entries across all aggregated reviews:
1) Those with an IMDb rating of less than 5.1
+
2) A rotten rating on Rotten Tomatoes (both Critics & Audience)
+
3) a low score on Metacritic.

... this will ensure quality and makes my task of capturing 4K playback support and HDR brightness information more manageable.

Unfortunately, these major updates for Netflix will be available early next month because I'm reaching the limit of my own automated process plan for this month.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to add any further new 4K films on streaming regardless. :)

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Few minor enhancements (or features) are on the way, with a cheap and simple design but a functional solution in my opinion... :D
  • My Watchlist page.
  • Every movie's page (accessible through the Search button at the moment) features a Bookmark button to add favorite titles to the Watchlist.
  • It's a simple implementation (using session timeout) that doesn't require users to be logged in to access a temporary Watchlist (for browsing movie titles before making any specific selections). When the browser is closed, the Watchlist is automatically reset.
  • Addition of a LIKE button on every movie page.
Feel free to give it a try!

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Minor enhancements for today:
  • Movie poster thumbnails now display when using the Search button or viewing page results.
  • Added a 'Bookmark / View Full Info' button to the movie details section.
  • Improved page speed optimizations.
  • Implemented additional security layers for the 4KFilmDb.com domain.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Hey guys,

Check out the latest additions now streaming. Also, I've curated a list of some 4K titles available on Netflix (region-dependent) from 2023 and older. It includes both classics and hidden gems, all hand-picked (no offence to auto-generated lists, but I believe in the human touch when it comes to recommendations). Don't forget to check the playback support and HDR score for each movie.

Enjoy the long weekend. Happy Easter and watching!

TitleYearServiceGenre
A Hipster in Rural Spain2024Amazon Prime VideoComedy
Rest in Peace2024NetflixDrama, Thriller
No Pressure2024NetflixComedy, Romance
Fast X2023NetflixAction, Adventure, Crime, Mystery, Thriller
Cocaine Bear2023NetflixComedy, Thriller
Knock at the Cabin2023NetflixHorror, Mystery, Thriller
Renfield2023NetflixComedy, Fantasy, Horror
TÁR2022NetflixDrama, Music
She Said2022NetflixDrama, History
Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris2022NetflixComedy, Drama
Talk to Me2022NetflixHorror, Thriller
M3GAN2022NetflixHorror, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Medieval2022NetflixAction, Drama, History, War
The In Between2022NetflixDrama, Romance, Sci-Fi
Uncharted2022NetflixAction, Adventure
Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City2021NetflixAction, Horror, Sci-Fi
Arisaka2021NetflixAction, Thriller
Venom: Let There Be Carnage2021NetflixAction, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Don't Breathe 22021NetflixAction, Crime, Horror, Thriller
Nine Days2020NetflixDrama, Fantasy
News of the World2020NetflixAction, Adventure, Drama, Western
Run2020NetflixMystery, Thriller
Spider-Man: Far From Home2019NetflixAction, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Angel Has Fallen2019NetflixAction, Thriller
Blade Runner 20492017NetflixAction, Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Get Out2017NetflixHorror, Mystery, Thriller
Murder on the Orient Express2017NetflixCrime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Allegiant2016NetflixAction, Adventure, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller
The Smurfs 22013NetflixAnimation, Adventure, Comedy, Family, Fantasy
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey2012Amazon Prime VideoAdventure, Fantasy
Men in Black 32012NetflixAction, Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi
Salt2010NetflixAction, Thriller
Spider-Man 22004NetflixAction, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Rabbit-Proof Fence2002NetflixAdventure, Biography, Drama
Shrek2001NetflixAnimation, Adventure, Comedy, Family, Fantasy, Romance
Passengers2016NetflixDrama, Romance, Sci-Fi, Thriller

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
I am thrilled to share some exciting updates:

Sonny, my new 4K HDR AI assistant, is dedicated to spotlighting top-tier 4K gems, showcasing excellent films alongside high-quality HDR visuals.

My new empowered AI model, trained and nurtured by me, utilizes knowledge that's continuously learning.

He is best informed when provided with genre and region preferences to tailor recommendations effectively. However, it's also adept at retrieving additional details such as streaming service, year, and more. Whether you're searching for gripping narratives or stunning HDR quality, trust Sonny (available 24/7) to provide recommendations, ensuring that every 4K movie you watch is worthy of your time, both in content and visuals.

Feel free to try it out. Just follow the icon at the bottom right on the homepage. Let's get ready to elevate our streaming journey! :cool:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Introducing the beta experimental 4K Movie Match page.

I've already discovered a few 4K films (effortlessly) with this (new) intuitive search interface. Simply input the title of a movie you like (or enjoyed), add optional preferences like genre and keywords, and let my new AI model find similar 4K movies. It's just the beginning, and it still needs more training and loading with the upcoming Netflix 4K movies I'll be adding. But let's be part of shaping the future of personalized movie matching, as there's none on the web that I've seen as effective (most suggest based on the director/casting).

SwatDB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Brynskov
Introducing the beta experimental 4K Movie Match page.

I've already discovered a few 4K films (effortlessly) with this (new) intuitive search interface. Simply input the title of a movie you like (or enjoyed), add optional preferences like genre and keywords, and let my new AI model find similar 4K movies. It's just the beginning, and it still needs more training and loading with the upcoming Netflix 4K movies I'll be adding. But let's be part of shaping the future of personalized movie matching, as there's none on the web that I've seen as effective (most suggest based on the director/casting).
Nice to see a dude who keeps track on 4Ks on Streams publicly, because I relish the idea of personally making so-called "Breakdown" lists and keeping a fine eye on 4K/New HD masters not available on physical 4K/Remastered BDs.

Keep it up, Box :)

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Nice to see a dude who keeps track on 4Ks on Streams publicly, because I relish the idea of personally making so-called "Breakdown" lists and keeping a fine eye on 4K/New HD masters not available on physical 4K/Remastered BDs.

Keep it up, Box :)
Thank you so much Swat for your encouraging words! It's great to connect with fellow enthusiasts who share a passion for 4K content. :cool:

Cheers

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Changelog - [April 1, 2024]:
  1. Enhanced Search Filters:
    • Improved search capabilities for Release Year, Runtime, 4KFilmDb, and HDR Score to offer a broader range of options. Explore them now!
  2. Sonny AI chatbot:
    • Revised welcome message ("Uncover Top 4K HDR Picks") and start sentence ("Specify your genre and region (AU, CA, UK, or US) for top-quality 4K HDR movie picks") for better clarity.
  3. Minor Corrections:
    • Addressed minor issues.
  4. 'Services' menu:
    • Updated the menu structure to include every streaming provider along with the option 'All'.
  5. '4K Movie Match' page added to the main menu(s) and homepage for easier access.
  6. Know (minor) issue:
    • Currently displaying the Fresh icon for Rotten titles (Rotten Tomatoes' section) with a percentage less than 10%.
  7. Next Steps:
    • Continuing to capture weekly new releases.
    • Commencing the retrospective cataloging of 4K titles on Netflix (from 2023 and earlier).
    • Expanding and enhancing the movies catalog for my own AI training model.
    • Considering the addition of Paramount+ (Apple TV version) and/or Stan Australia to the main 4K movies catalog.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Quick Update:

Things are getting serious! 😊

I'm cataloging 4K titles on Netflix and starting with Stan (AU) / Paramount+ as well. Soon, I'll be dealing with movies across different streaming services and regions. So, the big question is: 🤔

Why am I doing this?

I know I can search for "4K" in streaming apps, but it's not comprehensive. Many apps only indicate if a title is 4K or HD, but I want details like HDR type, Atmos, IMAX Enhanced, and specific HDR quality at my fingertips. Can I find this? Not likely.

I wish there was a place for this. This is why I'm putting in effort. If you agree, please like this post to confirm if I'm on the right path.

Cheers

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Weekly 4K Streaming Update!

Check out the latest 4K additions to the streaming services here! As usual, I give HDR analysis for every title, along with information on playback support. By the way, not every movie has its labels correctly set for Dolby Vision and Atmos (e.g., 'Atomic Blonde' on Netflix Australia), so be sure to keep an eye out for those details with me! :)

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
New Feature Alert: HDR and Atmos Icons on Movie Covers!

Hey everyone,

I'm enhancing the movie covers with HDR icons, and throwing in Atmos icon too. Now, when we're browsing through the "pocket guide" version of 4KFilmDb, these icons serve as indicators, highlighting movies and their 4K video playback support, HDR score, and Atmos info.

How It Works:

HDR icons come in different colors, spanning from red (indicating 'Limited impact') to green ('Excellent experience'), so we know exactly what we're getting without having to filter or browse to the 4K Playback Support section.

Other colors:
White - HDR title but no score.
Orange - Noticeable HDR effect
Yellow - Good HDR impact
Icon HDR crossed out - 4K title but no HDR present.

P.S: The film content score remains visible on the movie cover.

What's Coming Up:

Stay tuned for more updates coming tomorrow.

Got Thoughts?

Have a suggestion or comment? Your feedback helps me keep making our platform better for all of us.

Cheers

2304.jpg

Attachments

• 4kfilmdb.png
    4kfilmdb.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
I wanted to share that I've reached a milestone – I now have over 1000 4K movies available for us to explore here.

I've also recently added all the 2023 4K titles on Netflix, along with other recent additions from various streaming services. There's something for everyone. Stay tuned for more enhancements throughout the week.

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Latest Weekly Releases in 4K Format on Streaming (April 11, 2024)

r3PJPXuSArGK8tM6lBUyPUTtIbJ.jpg

• Movie: What Jennifer Did (2024 | Documentary, Crime)
  • Brief Description: When Jennifer Pan calls 911 to report that her parents have been shot, she becomes the primary focus of a captivating criminal case.
  • Streaming Service: Netflix
  • Playback Video Support: HDR10, Dolby Vision
  • Audio Format: Dolby Atmos, DD 5.1
  • 4K HDR Evaluation Overview: The master display utilized had a minimum brightness of 0.0001 nits and a maximum brightness of 1000 nits. Peak brightness measured at 996 nits, with frame-average brightness at 151 nits. The HDR content utilizes the DCI-P3 color space. Available viewing options include Dolby Vision. Audio capabilities feature Dolby Atmos.
  • HDR Tier Recommendation: LIMITED HDR Impact
  • Film Content Recommendation: 6/10

MV5BMWYyODNiNmEtMWJiNy00NTc5LWI5ZDEtOTlhZTc1ZmZjMzFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI5NjIyMw@@._V1_SX300.jpg

• Movie: GomBurZa (2023 | Action, Biography, Drama, History)
  • Brief Description: A powerful and moving historical drama that tells the courageous story of three Filipino Catholic priests: Mariano Gomez, José Burgos, and Jacinto Zamora.
  • Playback Video Support: 4K SDR
  • Audio Format: DD 5.1
  • Film Content Recommendation: 7/10

MV5BMGZjZWRlNjYtMDM3Ny00N2M4LWFjZDYtYmM3NWZmMDUwYzUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMDUzNTI3._V1_SX300.jpg

• Movie: Footloose (1984 | Drama, Music, Romance)
  • Brief Description: When teenager Ren and his family move from big-city Chicago to a small town in the West, he's in for a real case of culture shock after discovering he's living in a place where music and dancing are illegal.
  • Original Tech Specs: Utilized a variety of cameras including Panaflex Cameras and Lenses by Panavision to capture its visuals. Shot in 1.85:1, the cinematographic process involved Spherical Lenses. The sound mix, including Dolby 5.1, contributed to its technical quality.
  • Playback Video Support: HDR10, Dolby Vision
  • Audio Format: DD 5.1
  • 4K HDR Evaluation Overview: The master display utilized had a minimum brightness of 0.005 nits and a maximum brightness of 4000 nits. Peak brightness measured at 4286 nits, with frame-average brightness at 182 nits. The HDR content utilizes the DCI-P3 color space. Available viewing options include Dolby Vision. Audio capabilities feature Dolby Digital Surround 5.1.
  • HDR Tier Recommendation: LIMITED HDR Impact
  • Film Content Recommendation: 6/10

P.S: HDR Impact Assessment
Limited HDR impact - Indicates minimal HDR enhancement compared to SDR.
Noticeable HDR Effect - Demonstrates a noticeable improvement in HDR quality over SDR.
Good HDR quality - Represents a substantial enhancement in HDR performance, particularly compared to SDR, especially with DCI-P3 color space.
Excellent HDR experience - Reflects outstanding HDR quality, particularly in comparison to SDR, especially with BT.2020 color space.

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Below are movies from 2015 and older that have been added to the Netflix library. (All titles on Netflix are available in 4K SDR only)

Reminder: Although I cannot recommend it, Jurassic Park III will soon be leaving Netflix in the US.

Keith Richards: Under the Influence2015
What Happened, Miss Simone?2015
Fury2014
Semi-Soet2012
Moneyball2011
It's Complicated2009
Lion's Den2008
Mukhsin2006
Born and Bred2006
Eternal Summer2006
The Holiday2006
Rolling Family2004
El bonaerense2002
Jurassic Park III2001
Crane World1999
She's Gotta Have It1986

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Newly released 4K titles on Netflix this Friday (April 12th)

netflix12apr-png.3601933

• Movie: Woody Woodpecker Goes to Camp (2024 | Adventure, Family, Comedy)
  • Brief Description: Woody Woodpecker must find a new home after being kicked out of the forest. At Camp Woo Hoo, he thinks he's found a forever home, but there's an inspector on the loose who wants to shut down the camp.
  • 4K HDR Evaluation Overview: The master display utilized had a minimum brightness of 0.0001 nits and a maximum brightness of 4000 nits. Peak brightness measured at 997 nits, with frame-average brightness at 416 nits. The HDR content utilizes the DCI-P3 color space. Available viewing options include Dolby Vision. Audio capabilities feature Dolby Atmos.
  • HDR Tier Recommendation: NOTICEABLE HDR Effect.

• Movie: Love, Divided (2024 | Romance, Comedy | Spain)
  • Brief Description: Valentina is a young pianist starting over. Her neighbor David is an inventor who hates noise. And a paper-thin wall is about to become their matchmaker.
  • 4K HDR Evaluation Overview: The master display used had a minimum brightness of 0.0001 nits and a maximum brightness of 1000 nits. The measured brightest moments reach 870 nits, with an average brightness throughout the film of 180 nits. The color space used for the HDR content was DCI-P3. Available viewing options include Dolby Vision. Audio capabilities feature Dolby Atmos.
  • HDR Tier Recommendation: LIMITED HDR Impact.

• Movie: Stolen (2024 | Drama, Thriller | Sweden)
  • Brief Description: A young woman's struggle to defend her indigenous heritage in a world where xenophobia is on the rise, climate change is threatening reindeer herding, and young people choose suicide in the face of collective desperation.
  • 4K HDR Evaluation Overview: The master display used had a minimum brightness of 0.0001 nits and a maximum brightness of 1000 nits. The measured brightest moments reach 877 nits, with an average brightness throughout the film of 326 nits. The color space used for the HDR content was DCI-P3. Available viewing options include Dolby Vision. Audio capabilities feature Dolby Atmos.

appletv-12apr-png.3601935

• Movie: Argylle (2024 | Action, Comedy, Thriller)
  • Brief Description: A reclusive author who writes espionage novels about a secret agent and a global spy syndicate realizes the plot of the new book she's writing starts to mirror real-world events, in real time.
  • Streaming Service: Apple TV+
  • 4K HDR Evaluation Overview: The master display used had a minimum brightness of 0.005 nits and a maximum brightness of 1000 nits. The measured brightest moments reach 869 nits, with an average brightness throughout the film of 346 nits. The color space used for the HDR content was DCI-P3. Available viewing options include Dolby Vision and HDR10+. Audio capabilities feature Dolby Atmos.
What is your pick for the weekend? I've just taken a quick look, but I'll try to watch all of them!

Cheers

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
52 movies from 2018 have been added to the Netflix library. Considering the latest additions, here are some 4K HDR recommendations (Roma: SDR w/ Atmos sound) for your Sunday:

netflix2018_14Apr.png

• 'Mamma Mia - Here We Go Again' is leaving Netflix US very soon.

Changelog:
  1. I'm currently updating the 4K Playback section to include visual labels for HDR support and Audio formats. This change will provide better clarity for understanding the various HDR formats, replacing simple Yes/No indicators.
  2. The AI engine has been updated with the latest data to provide more accurate recommendations.
  3. Enhancements have been made to custom filters for HDR. I'm also considering adding an 'Average Brightness' filter alongside the existing 'Peak Brightness' filter. What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Major updates: beta version 0.5 is now live! 👍

The most exciting update is the revamped 4K Playback Support section, offering better clarity and easier (brain) processing of HDR and Audio formats.

Here's an example:

beta5-1.png

beta5-2.png

Also:
  1. The Latest Additions section on the homepage now includes a toggle feature, allowing you to view movie info directly without navigating to the streaming service library.
  2. The 'Balance Recommendation' section has been renamed to 'Film Feel'
  3. I've revisited as many HDR films as possible to ensure precise HDR score information. Based on the latest formula score, 9 out of 10 films have accurate scores, with minimal deviation.
Finally, I challenged myself to find movies in 90 seconds by applying as many filters as possible. The criteria were: 1) Best film content based on desired genres on Netflix, 2) A good movie with excellent HDR (on any service), and 3) A movie with good HDR quality (regardless of genre or service). Check it out for yourself. The current library has 1216 films (and counting!). A new counter has been added below the pagination numbers.

Next steps:
a. Add filming location and laboratory/negative format details to the Original Tech Specs section.
b. Move IMAX ENHANCED info to the Original Tech Specs section (under the Aspect Ratio field).
c. Add more Netflix movies in the 4K format from 2019.
d. Keep going...

Cheers

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Quick update:
a. Lab Location/source and output film formats have been added to the Original Tech Specs section.
b. IMAX ENHANCED information has been relocated to the Original Tech Specs section, placed under the Aspect Ratio field.
c. The 4K movies from 2019 on Netflix have been included.
d. 'Average Brightness' is now available as a custom filter.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Newly released 4K titles on Netflix (US) this week (April 19th)

• Movie: Strange Way of Life (2023 | Drama, Western)
  • Brief Description: After twenty-five years Silva rides a horse across the desert to visit his friend Sheriff Jake. They celebrate the meeting, but the next morning Jake tells him that reason for his trip is not to go down the memory lane of their friendship.

• Movie: Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver (2024 | Action, Adventure)
  • Brief Description: Kora and surviving warriors prepare to defend Veldt, their new home, alongside its people against the Realm. The warriors face their pasts, revealing their motivations before the Realm's forces arrive to crush the growing rebellion.

• Movie: Article 370 (2024 | Action, Drama, Thriller | India)
  • Brief Description: After unrest in Kashmir in 2016, local agent Zooni Haksar is chosen for a secret mission by Rajeshwari Swaminathan to end terrorism and economy conflict by abrogating Article 370 without bloodshed.

P.S: I'll have major updates over the weekend, including the completion of the Netflix library and the addition of a new custom filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nielmb
    Recent bookmarks