What's new

Settings for Samsung TXM2796HF? (1 Viewer)

John Bryant

Second Unit
Does anyone have this tv, and have it calibrated? What are your settings? I ask because mine seem a bit high using the Sound and Vision calibration disc.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
I am looking to get this very television soon (once I complete my stand). Anyway, here is something I saved to a text file on my desktop a while ago. I am still going to calibrate with an Avia disc, but I figured this could be a reference:
Avia result setting for samsung TV Page
Mine are
Contrast 36
Brightness 38
Sharpness 10
Color 26
Tint 55/45
The result is quite dark but I really like it, but maybe I'll brigten it a little, but the image is so clean it's really amazing.
>>REPLY

John Bryant

Second Unit
Thanks! Mine were actually pretty close to that. Will give it a try. Also, what are the advantages of turning off VSM? And where did you find those test results?

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
I've never done it myself, but I've read time and time again that VSM makes edges of the picture look bad. Lowering or turning VSM off makes for sharper edges. I'm going to try it once I get my Samsung as I heard the results are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks