Need advice on TV for a small room. Narrowed it down to 2.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Timothy Cady, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Timothy Cady

Timothy Cady Auditioning

I need a tv for a small room, actually its my computer room/office.

I have narrowed it down to 2 27inch sets, and would greatly appreciate your opinions..

The models are the sony wega KV27FS100 and the Samsung TXM2796HF HDTV Monitor..

Now I will expound on how this TV will be used/viewed and maybe this will narrow it down.

First off, most of the time I will about 4 foot away from the set, (at my desk) , but I also have a couch in my office that is about 7 feet away from where the set will be placed, that I will be watching from sometimes.

I will be viewing analog cable, dvd's, and some svcds I've created.

I have no immediate plans for a HDTV signal. I am impressed with just the "line doubling" feature of the samsung though, and I am getting a new dvd player for x-mas with progressive scan.

I hear that the 16:9 Vertical Compression on the Sony looks alot like a digital signal though.

So I guess my concern is this, will the line doubling make my analog cable look alot better ( I know the HDTV will look better than the Sony with DVD's), but I will be viewing more cable signals (mostly sports) with the set..

Well I've rambled long enough, lemme know what ya think..

Tim (Long time reader, First Time Poster)

2. Timothy Cady

Timothy Cady Auditioning

I apologize, but after reading my post, one line I wrote didn't come across like I meant.
    In the 3rd to the last paragraph I meant to say that "I know that the samsung set will look better when playing dvd's versus the sony".
    After I read my first post, it could be construed that I was comparing a true HDTV signal on the Samsung to a dvd playing on the sony, and that wasnt the intention.