What's new

Is the Samsung HDTV good for gaming? What is best? Help! (1 Viewer)

Ian_Szewczyk

Auditioning
I am currently in the market for a new TV, which really HAS to be under 700 dollars. This is the one Im looking at:
http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...cat=24&scat=27
The Samsung TXM2796HF
Now, the thing is, this is for my bedroom and it is too small to house a good surround sound system (that and I cant really afford one ;)), so the sound out of the set is very important to me (for when Im not listening through headphones). Ill be mainly playing videogames on it along with the occasional DVD (all through my Xbox), and Im wondering if the 480p is really worth it? Im also looking at:
The Panasonic Tau CT-27SX12
and
Samsung TXL2791F
The Xbox will be connected via Monster Component Cable, but if connected to the HDTV, would the 480p picture quality warrent paying an extra 200 bucks when I could simply connect to a non-HDTV TV with component inputs (like the Tau, which I believe is like 700 lines) ? What about the sound quality of all the systems? Im basicly looking for value here.. I dont have much money and the HDTV would be a real splooge for me purchase-wise. Any advice would help me decide (and please dont suggest JCV or Toshiba, from what I know the sound systems on those are weak and it's pretty much down to those three models I picked).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You should try listening to the TVs to see for yourself. BUT I'd say forget the sound on TVs. IMNSHO, they'll never be all that satisfying for people who actually ask about it--I could be wrong though.

I'd suggest get the best display(!) your $700 can buy and then save up for an affordable sound system to go w/ it--or something along those lines.

_Man_

TimTurtino

Stunt Coordinator
Of those sets, I'd reccomend the Panny. And that's saying a lot, since I'm actually recommending against an HDTV...

And Man has hit it on the nose with the comment about sound.

Me

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks