What's new

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: Friday The 13th Deluxe Edition (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
For those who signed up for the disc replacement, I got an email notice today that said the replacement discs will start shipping on the 23rd

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I hope they get the opening credits right this time. I can't even imagine how that happened. They should be shipping today!! Good luck to all who invested in the project.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Did the 3D disc issue get resolved to everyone's satisfaction?
Yes, the 3D titles were corrected.
My November 25th email notice stated:
"Your replacement disc request has been Shipped for 1 set(s) of the following discs: Jason X, Jason Goes to Hell Unrated, and Friday the 13th Part 3."
They were delivered via USPS on December 2, 2020.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the 3D titles were corrected.
My November 25th email notice stated:
"Your replacement disc request has been Shipped for 1 set(s) of the following discs: Jason X, Jason Goes to Hell Unrated, and Friday the 13th Part 3."
They were delivered via USPS on December 2, 2020.
Lucky you. :) I've had a tracking number for weeks but nothing has shipped yet.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I was very happy with the replacement disc. The 3D titles pop out as I remember they did from the theatrical release. I received the replacement dics this pastTuesday. Mail has been running late in New Orleans lately.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
The opening credits do look fine but why is the image smaller with black bars on the sides?

1608052077339.png

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Still haven’t gotten mine. Did the replacement company ship them 9th class?
Me neither. Did you get the e-mail from the fulfillment company where they blame the post office for not scanning them? I could be wrong but I think even if the USPS screwed up and didn't scan them when they first got picked up, at some point they'd be scanned and the tracking number would start to show up in the system. The post office is an absolute disaster right now but I ain't buying that it's taking a month to recieve something especially when it's not even showing as having shipped from the fulfillment company yet. I think the reality is that they didn't make enough discs and/or haven't shipped them all yet but they're pinning the blame on the USPS.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Me neither. Did you get the e-mail from the fulfillment company where they blame the post office for not scanning them? I could be wrong but I think even if the USPS screwed up and didn't scan them when they first got picked up, at some point they'd be scanned and the tracking number would start to show up in the system. The post office is an absolute disaster right now but I ain't buying that it's taking a month to recieve something especially when it's not even showing as having shipped from the fulfillment company yet. I think the reality is that they didn't make enough discs and/or haven't shipped them all yet but they're pinning the blame on the USPS.

I have the tracking info. Last known location was teterboro NJ. That was on the 7th. Since then it’s just “awaiting transfer to next facility”

and yes, I did get the email

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The post office is a mess right now. I had one USPS package that got stuck in a location in NJ and sat there for nearly a month before it was delivered to me. I have another package that was two weeks late, sat for a week in Atlanta without moving. I have a package now that’s a week late, sitting in a depot not moving. Another package came late that USPS never registered in their tracking system at all.

I don’t think anyone is pinning blame on USPS to hide anything; I think USPS is running that slow.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The post office is a mess right now. I had one USPS package that got stuck in a location in NJ and sat there for nearly a month before it was delivered to me. I have another package that was two weeks late, sat for a week in Atlanta without moving. I have a package now that’s a week late, sitting in a depot not moving. Another package came late that USPS never registered in their tracking system at all.

I don’t think anyone is pinning blame on USPS to hide anything; I think USPS is running that slow.
I can't state it as fact but when my tracking info shows that it hasn't even been picked up yet and other folks here have gotten theirs a while back or at least have some movement on their shipment, I think it's that my discs haven't even shipped yet. And I've got about dozen other packages that I've sent or am waiting to arrive that are all over a week late now so I know the USPS is a mess right now but when there's no sign that it's even been picked up? I'm letting the USPS off the hook on that one. For now anyway. :D

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That’s all totally possible but separate from that I think USPS may either not be picking up packages on time or not processing them on arrival. I’m kind of imaging that some merchants are dropping stuff off and it’s just sitting in bins waiting to be scanned in and shipped. For instance, one of my Best Buy packages was marked by Best Buy as shipped but for a week, the tracking number said USPS was still waiting for the package. It could be that Best Buy didn’t drop it off but it could just as easily be that the postal service is overwhelmed and behind and isn’t getting to everything the day they get it. I don’t think Best Buy is leading the delays because when they’ve shipped other items to me via UPS they’ve arrived on schedule. Had one order that was split between UPS and USPS, shipped the same day according to BB, and the UPS one showed up three weeks ahead of the USPS one.

Not to let Shout of the hook but I’m just saying that right now any and all USPS tracking seems to be more aspirational than accurate.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That’s all totally possible but separate from that I think USPS may either not be picking up packages on time or not processing them on arrival. I’m kind of imaging that some merchants are dropping stuff off and it’s just sitting in bins waiting to be scanned in and shipped. For instance, one of my Best Buy packages was marked by Best Buy as shipped but for a week, the tracking number said USPS was still waiting for the package. It could be that Best Buy didn’t drop it off but it could just as easily be that the postal service is overwhelmed and behind and isn’t getting to everything the day they get it. I don’t think Best Buy is leading the delays because when they’ve shipped other items to me via UPS they’ve arrived on schedule. Had one order that was split between UPS and USPS, shipped the same day according to BB, and the UPS one showed up three weeks ahead of the USPS one.

Not to let Shout of the hook but I’m just saying that right now any and all USPS tracking seems to be more aspirational than accurate.
The biggest joke is that whatever day the replacement disc info went up, I saw it way early in the morning and filled out the application so I thought I was way ahead of all the suckers who slept in that day. Don't count them chickens before they hatch.

Just to be pedantic, it's an outside company and not Shout that is sending out the discs.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I know the feeling, I’m waiting on Uni’s third party vendor for the corrected Psycho.

I’m kinda surprised it’s harder to get timely delivery now than during the pandemic first wave, but it is what it is. I guess it’s gonna really feel like Christmas in January when it all shows up then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks