What's new

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: Friday The 13th Deluxe Edition (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
To give credit where credit is due, the fulfillment did finally reply to me at the end of business today saying that they were sending me another set discs and that they were sorry the discs got lost/never shipped to begin with. Considering the USPS is still a backed up disaster, I'll be waiting for the discs a while but at least, I've hopefully cleared the hurdle of getting them to send the discs in the first place. :lol:

lucky to actually have been able to get through to them. Apparently that window has closed. Did the reply come from the email address that is not being monitored

MikeDE

Second Unit
If I buy the complete set from Amazon, will it have the corrected discs or will it require the exchange?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
If I buy the complete set from Amazon, will it have the corrected discs or will it require the exchange?

from what I understand the boxed set is a limited run, so I would expect that all of them will have the erroneous discs and would require an exchange

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It seems like you'll need to request the replacement discs. A few days ago, Shout posted on their website:
Update 1/20/2021 4:20PM PST: All ShoutFactory.com orders shipped on or after Monday, January 18, 2021 will include the three corrected discs for Friday The 13th Part 3, Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (Unrated Cut), and Jason X.
Since they only specify that they have the corrected discs, I'd think that means that all other retailers will just go through their existing stock with the uncorrected discs but I'd guess that once stores have to reorder the set, Shout will be shipping them sets with the corrected discs.

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
I'm not repeating the discussion of the same title cause that was how I got suspended for a while. I just now got the old message of the complaint. I did not notice it before. For a very long time I been waiting for paramount home video to release a polaroid 3D version of Friday the 13th part 3. Years ago they put out an anaglyph version. Even the blu- ray was anaglyph. Then I heard Mr Furmanek ,in a live chat discussion, that it was out. I finally ordered it,but, it came with a price. It was released by shout factory, not paramount . It's a part of a compile of blu- ray disk of the whole series. At a price of 109 dollars , since each feature is presented separately . I was hoping it was that it would be released as a single, but, I had to order the whole series just to get that. Worst some days later I learned that 3 of the titles had a defect that was cause ,unintentionally , by shout. Friday the 13th part 3 , Jason x , Jason goes to Hell. Fortunately they got a replacement disc program. As soon as I get this I'll have to check all three and get those replacements I find this very annoying . I'm hoping that these batches don't have the defect.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
eBay is selling the Uncorrected version of Part III. Some of us went that route because it's a hellava lot cheaper than the $110. I bought all three UNcorrected versions for $30 including shipping. If you haven't seen the corrected 3D version, you would never know there was a problem.

Here's one:

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
If you haven't seen the corrected 3D version, you would never know there was a problem.
I’m not so sure about that. Only one scene was affected, but it was a pretty significant one.
I knew right away something was wrong when watching the opening credits.

that being said, if you don’t care about that, the un corrected eBay option is not a bad way to go

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I’m not so sure about that. Only one scene was affected, but it was a pretty significant one.
I knew right away something was wrong when watching the opening credits.

that being said, if you don’t care about that, the un corrected eBay option is not a bad way to go

To each his own...

MikeDE

Second Unit
I didn’t want to deal with buying the set and then exchanging discs, so picked up the corrected discs off eBay. My only real interest was in the 3D disc anyway. Those in-your-face opening titles are something else.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I finally finished this set (once I watched the Paramount movies, it took me a while to get around to going through the rest of the movies and the replacement discs) and nearly everything is ported over from all the other F13 DVDs and Blu-rays. The only missing features are from the Freddy Vs. Jason DVD (and not the Blu which didn't have them either) and they are the Fangoria articles and the third easter egg called Put The Dog To Sleep. Also, the Freddy Vs. Jason Blu-ray in this set is the original release and not the re-release that came in F13 Blu-ray tin which had a DTS-HD 6.1 mix (and modern menus) on it.

Despite those extremely minor omissions, this is still a fantastic set. As a big F13, it was amazing and about as good as I could have realistically hoped for.

There's three small but fun easter eggs on this set.

-On bonus disc 1, go to "Friday The 13th Chronicles" and "Friday The 13th Part 3" and press Right to see a couple of commercials from TNT promoting a F13 marathon.

-On bonus disc 1, go to "Friday The 13th Playing Card Gallery" and press Left to see a commercial from HBO for Friday The 13th Part 2.

-And on bonus disc 2, go to "Friday The 13th Series Newspaper Ad Still Gallery" and press Right to see a pair of commercials from Cinemax promoting Parts 2 and 3.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, they appear to be matching the sale price at Shout's Shocktober sale. Very good deal. I think I got mine for $100 and considered that a pretty good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks