What's new

Pre-Order Friday The 13th (1980) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This year, Friday the 13th is your lucky day!
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3
In celebration of its 40th anniversary in 2022, Friday the 13th Part 3 is now available in a Limited-Edition Blu-ray™ SteelBook®. This killer edition includes the 2D version of the film, which was remastered in 2020 from original film elements, along with access to a digital copy of the film and a host of previously released bonus content.

In this installment, a new crop of campers plays a deadly game of cat-and-mouse with the maniacal Jason, who acquires what will become his iconic mask from an unlucky victim.

FRIDAY THE 13TH

In addition, the original Friday the 13th comes to 4K Ultra HD on September 13, 2022, in time for Halloween viewing. One of the most iconic horror films of all time, Friday the 13th launched the long-running and wildly popular franchise, which has grossed over $466 million worldwide. The 4K Ultra HD release features HDR-10 and Dolby Vision® and includes both the theatrical and unrated versions of the film, access to a digital copy, and extensive legacy bonus content.

The thrills start when a new owner and several young counselors gather to reopen Camp Crystal Lake, despite locals’ warnings that the place has a “death curse.” One by one, they find out how unlucky Friday the 13th can be as they are stalked by a violent killer.

71LSRtSBJbL._SL1500_[92].jpg
71XYTkh1VDL._SL1500_[82].jpg
719UdFTn73L._SL1500_.jpg
FridayThe13th_4K_UHD_3D[42].jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Neat! I never did get the blu rays, so I'm tempted, but I'm thinking of holding on for a set. Might depend on the price point after it drops.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Will be interesting to see if ye olde perceptible improvement arguement plays a role in comparison with the Shout Factory release.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
They spent $1.98 to make this film. I'm not sure there's anything here that can be improved from blu-ray, or would shine in UHD?

The film was made for $550,000
It's a figure of speech. FWIW: $550,000 in 1980 is now worth $1.9 million. That being said, it can be argued that the original F13 with its original production values, could be made for under $100,000. Point is, F13 is a cheap movie, and 4K will likely offer little benefit. Here's hoping they don't remove all the grain like Paramount did with The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
It's a figure of speech. FWIW: $550,000 in 1980 is now worth $1.9 million. That being said, it can be argued that the original F13 with its original production values, could be made for under $100,000. Point is, F13 is a cheap movie, and 4K will likely offer little benefit. Here's hoping they don't remove all the grain like Paramount did with The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

The original Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre were both made cheaply and they both apparently look good in 4K, so it could be down to viewer preference.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
They spent $1.98 to make this film. I'm not sure there's anything here that can be improved from blu-ray, or would shine in UHD?

The film was made for $550,000

Yes, but that budget breakdown went:

$500,000.00 - Money laundered for organized crime.
$49,998.02 - Recreational drug budget for cast and crew.
$1.98 - Production of movie.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Yes it would not surprise me if the film looks barely better than the Shout!Factory release due to its poverty row production values. HDR pass excluded.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Yes it would not surprise me if the film looks barely better than the Shout!Factory release due to its poverty row production values. HDR pass excluded.

This film didn't have anywhere Roger Corman films had, both himself and Ed Wood were the kings of poverty row films.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping that Shout would release these simply because they'd put out the first 4 or even all 8 of Paramount's F13 movies. With Paramount, it'll take forever if they even release them all.

Here's hoping they don't remove all the grain like Paramount did with The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
I said it in the Liberty Valance thread but I'll say it here too- I'm thinking the cruel irony will be that Paramount will get F13 right after doing wrong by other more... highly regarded movies.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I said it in the Liberty Valance thread but I'll say it here too- I'm thinking the cruel irony will be that Paramount will get F13 right after doing wrong by other more... highly regarded movies.
Possibly for that exact reason they may stumble into a nice looking film. It's not as prestigious as LV, so they likely won't spend as much money and time futzing around with processing the master to get their "signature look".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks