What's new

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: Friday The 13th Deluxe Edition (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Y'all are forcing me to drag out the 35mm print of part 3 and run it to check the credits. I was thinking all the opening credits up until the van driving up to Vera's house all popped out but I can't be sure until I have a look.
I'll let everyone know when I verify.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Y'all are forcing me to drag out the 35mm print of part 3 and run it to check the credits. I was thinking all the opening credits up until the van driving up to Vera's house all popped out but I can't be sure until I have a look.
I'll let everyone know when I verify.
They did, but don’t on the Blu-ray.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Allen Friday #3 was on our "must show" for Halloween so I'll go ahead and enjoy it and double check the credits but a feel sure we're correct. I've watched the movie countless times at home plus the two weeks I projected it for Malco Theatres when it was released first run back in the day so I should remember every inch of the film but the older I get the less sure of myself I become!!!

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Kinda glad I never upgraded from my trusty From Crystal Lake to Manhattan DVD box set....:oops::blink:

Were there issues with Scream's first box set release, The Amityville Horror Trilogy?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Seems they don't know what the problem is. "First instance " is fine. It's the rest of the opening credits that are a problem. I hope Greg Kintz will write to them so they fix all the problems not just the opening credits.

• PART 3 (When viewing in 3D) – First instance of 3D opening credits does not come out of the screen correctly.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I failed to mention that the "real 3D" begins with the shot of Jason on the floor with the machete beside him. At least that's when it begins on the original release prints.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I failed to mention that the "real 3D" begins with the shot of Jason on the floor with the machete beside him. At least that's when it begins on the original release prints.
You don't happen to remember if that shot of Jason on the floor wasn't in the full 2.35 aspect ratio? That shot and the opening credits always have been 1.85(?) in the 2.35 frame from the 2000 DVD to today but I'm curious about the prints.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
As far as I know every print of part 3 was printed in 2:35, even the non 3D drive in prints. If a theatre, either drive in or hardtop couldn't project 3D, they ran the 2D 2:35 print. Studios were not doing conversion work back then so since the scene was in real 3D I'm assuming they re-shot the footage. The flashback at the beginning (non 3D) was printed in 2:35 on the 3D prints.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Were there issues with Scream's first box set release, The Amityville Horror Trilogy?
Yes, but they were baked into the elements. Amityville 3-D was shot with the ArriVision 3-D rig and exhibits horrible chromatic aberrations in the form of "fringing" produced by the optics.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
My knowledge on cameras is very limited but I believe Friday part 3 was shot with a Arriflex 35 BL, Marks 3-Depix Converter rig. My 35mm print of Amityville 3D has some issues and I would say less issues than the Friday print.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
There's not a single title from the 80's 3D list that didn't have issues. They've come a long way with 3D since then. The newer 3D titles (Final D #5, Drive Angry, and others) with the exception of conversions which are still great) are almost perfect 3D. I've seen zero problems with those Technicolor 3D titles. Unfortunately the rise of digital cinema took care of that!!!:angry:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
My knowledge on cameras is very limited but I believe Friday part 3 was shot with a Arriflex 35 BL, Marks 3-Depix Converter rig. My 35mm print of Amityville 3D has some issues and I would say less issues than the Friday print.
Each over/under rig had its issues, with the better ones bein the Space Vision rig and Chris Condon's rigs, which had very good optics. The Optimax III, for example had parallax issues because of the configuration of the lenses.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As far as I know every print of part 3 was printed in 2:35, even the non 3D drive in prints. If a theatre, either drive in or hardtop couldn't project 3D, they ran the 2D 2:35 print. Studios were not doing conversion work back then so since the scene was in real 3D I'm assuming they re-shot the footage. The flashback at the beginning (non 3D) was printed in 2:35 on the 3D prints.
Yeah, the DVDs and Blu-rays have the Part 2 flashback footage matted to 2.35 but for some weird reason, that shot of Jason crawling away and the opening credits have always been presented at about 1.85 in the middle of the 2.35 frame in all of its DVD and Blu-ray incarnations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks