What's new

Scenery on DVD (1 Viewer)

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
Are there any DVD's out there that have some nice high quality shots of scenery or landscapes or maybe even some nice pieces of art? The reason I ask is my sister-in'law just purchased a nice plasma tv for her living room and you know how those things look more like picture frames than tv's. Well she wants to be able to play a DVD that will make the tv actually look like a digital art frame with either scenery or art changing every so often for when she has guest over and they are not using the tv for anything else. Are there such DVDs, and if so where can I get one?

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Jason - I don't know of any DVDs that feature works of art, but there are numerous DVDs that feature scenery (usually accompanied by classical music). For example, Naxos has a series of DVDs that feature the music of a single composer or various composers from a given country. Laserlight also has several that include underwater life, desert life, etc.

All such DVDs I've seen are in 4:3 format, and the images themselves may have been taken with a video camera, so I can't promise that quality will be perfect. But they're not horrible, at least on my 32" Sony.

Enjoy!
Steve K.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
If she is HD enabled, she can tune to her local PBS station (the HD one, not the SD channel). Except when PBS is telecasting an HD program (rare) you will get a continual HD feed that is mostly scenery. For example you might get aerial shots of Greece or wide shots of a flower garden, followed by medium shots of the flowers, followed by close-ups of an individual flower. All in glorious HD!

At least that is what we get in Dallas.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Image has a number of titles from their National Parks collection which have some great scenery. I reviewed a number of them for dOc. Most are shot on video, but from a distance would look pretty spectacular. They are all 4:3 though.

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
She isn't HD enabled yet, but that may be happening sometime in the near future. Thanks for the info on those DVD's, but she wants a widescreen picture so that it fills in the entire frame of the tv. So no one know of any DVD with widescreen footage then huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks