What's new

Permanent Record (1988) (1 Viewer)

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I recently re-watched Permanent Record (1988) and thought it was a great film. I first saw the movie back in the 200X's, on DVD.

Very sad - but also poignant - film about a teen who seems to have everything, but unfortunately can't find a reason to go on.

The film is also obviously set & filmed in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon), which is my favorite parts of the country - the scenery here is just amazing with the trees, beaches, etc.

Keanu Reeves plays an interesting role here; he starts out being the quintessential '80's slacker (similar to his role in 1989's hilarious "Bill & Ted's excellent Adventure"), but, after his friend dies, starts to have some understandable emotional issues.

Iconic rocker Lou Reed has a very small cameo here. Also interesting is seeing actor Richard Bradford; Bradford usually plays "tough guy" villains, but in this film he plays the stern - but compassionate - principal of the school, who is understanding through the ordeal re: the death of the teen.

Excellent soundtrack as well.

Unfortunately, the DVD is long Out of Print (OOP), so it's tough to find the movie now. Hopefully this will be re-issued on Blu-ray at some point; I'd like to see an HD print of this underrated '80's film.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I recall watching this on cable way back because of Pamela Gidley's appearance in it, as well as in The Blue Iguana. I had met her during her modeling days so I wanted to see how she would do in acting.

Just now looking this up, I found that she passed away in April of last year. Way too young.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks