What's new

The Blu Iguana: 80s Paramount Films That Slithered Away (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

Little Darlings (VHS)
Bon Voyage Charlie Brown (NOB)
Urban Cowboy (NOB)
Rough Cut (VHS)
Ordinary People (NOB)
The Elephant Man (NOB)

Coast To Coast (VHS)
Popeye (NOB)

Atlantic City (NOB)
Going Ape (VHS)
The Fan (NOB)
Dragonslayer (NOB)
Gas (VHS)
First Monday In October (NOB)
Gallipoli (NOB)
Mommie Dearest (NOB)

Paternity (VHS)
Ragtime (NOB)

I'M Dancing As Fast As I Can (NO
Fighting Back (VHS)
Heidi's Song (NOB)
It Came From Hollywood (VHS)
The Escape Artist (NOB)
Hammett (NOB)
White Dog (NOB)

Better Late Than Never (VHS)
The Lords Of Discipline (NOB)
Man Woman and Child (NOB)
Cheech and Chong Still Smokin (NOB)
The Man Who Wasn't There (VHS)
Beyond The Limit (VHS)
Testament (NOB)
Nate and Hayes (NOB)
The Keep (VHS)
Uncommon Valor (NOB)

Racing With The Moon (NOB)
Top Secret? (NOB)
Best Defense (NOB)
The Joy Of Sex (NOB)
The River Rat (VHS)
Thief of Hearts (NOB)
Falling In Love (NOB)
Windy City (VHS)

King David (NOB)
Rustler's Rhapsody (NOB)
DARYL (NOB)
Summer Rental (NOB)
Explorers (NOB)
Compromising Positions (VHS)
That Was Then, This Is Now (NOB)
Macaroni (VHS)
Young Sherlock Holmes (NOB)
Better Off Dead (NOB)

Target (NOB)

Lady Jane (NOB)
16 Days Of Glory (VHS)
Heartburn (NOB)
Children Of A Lesser God (NOB)
The Golden Child (NOB)

April Fool's Day (NOB)
Blue City (NOB)
Gung Ho (NOB)

Critical Condition (NOB)
Campus Man (NOB)
Summer School (NOB)
Back To The Beach (NOB)
Eddie Murphy Raw (NOB)

She's Having A Baby (NOB)
The Blue iguana (NOB)
The Presidio (NOB)
The Accused (NOB)
Permanent Record (NOB)
U2: Rattle And Hum (NOB)

The Experts (VHS)
Cousins (NOB)
Let It Ride (NOB)
Shirley Valentine (NOB)
We're No Angels (NOB)

NOB (NEVER ON BLURAY) NOV (Never On Video in any format) VHS (only format) All apply to American releases

Last edited:

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD---ORDINARY PEOPLE----RAGTIME ---PLAY IT AGAIN SAM. Any of these for me.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
In your shoes I'd have highlighted THE KEEP (not because it's good, but because it has a large number of fans on this forum) and RACING WITH THE MOON because, as Richard Benjamin's second movie as director (after MY FAVORITE YEAR, also m.i.a.), it is a delightful and nostalgic war-time romance starring Sean Penn. TARGET also, as it was Peter Bogdanovich's first film and stars Boris Karloff. I would not have highlighted THE GOLDEN CHILD, as it's an embarrassment for both Eddie Murphy and director Michael Richie. AFAIC you got the rest exactly as I'd have created it. But, everyone here will have his or her own choices of what should or should be in bold print up there.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The Bogdanovich film was Targets, which came out in 1968. The one from the 80s is Target, an Arthur Penn film from '85 with Gene Hackman and Matt Dillon.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
I agree about The Keep as its a Holy Grail for many...although I saw it upon its original December 1983 release...I was the only one there!...and never got into it. The Golden Child is awful...but I am surprised it never made it to Blu.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The Bogdanovich film was Targets, which came out in 1968. The one from the 80s is Target, an Arthur Penn film from '85 with Gene Hackman and Matt Dillon.

In that case, (and I saw and despised the '85 film), I would of course leave it unhighlighted.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The Fan (1982) is available on Blu-ray, released by Mondo Macabro Studio and can be purchased on Amazon.

72111B2B-41A5-4D9F-A29F-D2BC91E11E03.jpeg

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Nice. But Paramounts 1981 The Fan is what I was referring to starring Lauren Bacall and Michael Biehn.
Oh a Bacall classic. OK.

Little Darlings (1980) is a bit of a mystery having not had any DVD, Blu or HD streaming release. Especially considering the subject matter and featuring a very young Cynthia Nixon in a prominent role. Also seems to have some music rights issues to deal with in any potential release.

It had a bit of hoopla surrounding it in early 1980 concerning as it was teen girls & sexual relations (trying not to spoil the plot here). It would probably raise some eyebrows if made today.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Oh a Bacall classic. OK.

Little Darlings (1980) is a bit of a mystery having not had any DVD, Blu or HD streaming release. Especially considering the subject matter and featuring a very young Cynthia Nixon in a prominent role. Also seems to have some music rights issues to deal with in any potential release.

It had a bit of hoopla surrounding it in early 1980 concerning as it was teen girls & sexual relations (trying not to spoil the plot here). It would probably raise some eyebrows if made today.
Agreed. Little Darlings could never be made today. This was very successful a sort of informal Summer Camp trilogy from Paramount starting with Meatballs and ending with Friday the 13th. Music rights is the true reason here. Or...possibly Armand Assante who should have become a huge star in 1980 with this and another head scratcher not on Blu...Private Benjamin.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Agreed. Little Darlings could never be made today. This was very successful a sort of informal Summer Camp trilogy from Paramount starting with Meatballs and ending with Friday the 13th. Music rights is the true reason here. Or...possibly Armand Assante who should have become a huge star in 1980 with this and another head scratcher not on Blu...Private Benjamin.
And his cameo name mention in The Santa Clause (1994).

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Oh a Bacall classic. OK.

Copied from my thread in the Streaming & Digital Media Forum:

“Well Little Darlings (1980) has finally come to home media in HiDef but only online. Amazon Prime is now offering this (I bought it) and so far it looks like the original soundtrack is intact though I haven’t yet got to the end of the film.
PQ looks worthy of a HD Blu-ray but so far I’ve only watched it on my iPhone. We’ll see once I get home how it looks on the 75”.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks