What's new

Saving Picture files from web in XP - Please help! (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
OK. I am confused. I am having a problem saving pictures from any web site. When I right-click on a picture and choose "save-as" I can only save as a bitmap. Does not matter if the image is an animated gif, jpg, or any other file, it only gives me the option to save as a .bmp.

What is going on here? What can i do to save in other formats from the web?

Thanks for any help,

C. Ryan

CRyan

Screenwriter
Update....
Well, I downloaded Netscape to see what it could do. Well, it can save any image just as it is supposed to. No problem saving a gif as a gif.
However, IE 6 in MOST cases will not let me save a picture file as anythng but a bitmap. However, it will let me save some picture files from some websites as a gif or jpg - not just a bitmap.
So, here on the HTF, I can save the animated banner adds above as a gif. However, on all of the free animated gif websites I have tried, it will only let me save as a bitmap. Also, jpg's from most other sites will only save as a bitmap. What is going on? Why will it let me save a gif from the HTF but no other site that I have tried?
What I am trying to get accross here is this:
When I try to "Save Picture as" after right clicking, the "save as type" box will only give the option of bitmap in most cases. Even when the picture file is something else.
Thanks,
C. Ryan

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Try clicking the back arrow to go to the previous page, then right-click on the link that would take you to the graphic and choose "save target as".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks