What's new

Bluetooth from Onkyo TX-NR6100 to Bose Soundlink Flex? (1 Viewer)

Bellerophon08

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick Lemmon
Hello, I am trying to pair a bluetooth speaker to my Onkyo TX-NR6100 receiver. I would like sound to play out of both the wireless speaker and the wired speakers from the receiver. The manual states to set the source on the receiver and then turn on the bluetooth as a transmitter. The part I am struggling with is, what source do I choose for the receiver? I have an HDMI cable going from the TV to the receiver. There is a button at the top of the remote that says HDMI then Main/Sub. I set it as TV before but the sound only played out of my TV speaker and not the wired speakers from the receiver. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to the Forum!

The part I am struggling with is, what source do I choose for the receiver?
The source you choose is the one you want to hear from both the Onkyo wired speakers and the Bose Bluetooth.

Beyond that, it’s hard to follow what you’re saying after the sentence above. For example, I can find no buttons on the Onkyo remote labeled “HDMI” or “Main/Sub.”

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://assets.onkyo-av.com/product-manuals/SN29403926B_TX-NR6100_Es_210806_web_2022-11-02-210646_ctcg.pdf?v=1667423206

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Bellerophon08

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick Lemmon
The top of the remote between the power button and the sleep button it says HDMI and the writing on the button says Main/Sub. The receiver is set to TV when I watch TV and get sound from the receiver and the wired speakers. When I try getting the bluetooth speaker to pair with the receiver, I only get sound from the TV speaker and not the receiver. I want the receivers wired speakers and the bluetooth speakers to both have sound coming from them. In order to turn the bluetooth transmitter on with the receiver, you must first select the source. I tried using "TV" on the remote but that resulted in the TV speaker turning on and not the receiver speakers.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
When I try getting the bluetooth speaker to pair with the receiver, I only get sound from the TV speaker and not the receiver.
You’re saying that when you try to pair, the Onkyo’s wired speakers turn off, and the TV’s built-in speakers come on?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You’re saying that when you try to pair, the Onkyo’s wired speakers turn off, and the TV’s built-in speakers come on?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
I wonder if the TV audio was always only coming from the TV. It can’t magically go through the receiver and on to Bluetooth without being fed to the receiver.

Bellerophon08

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick Lemmon
I messaged Onkyo and they said the version of receiver I have does not have the functionality to do what I want as is. I need to get a bluetooth transmitter and plug it into the Line Out "Zone 2" and then I can have sound from both the Onkyo speakers and the bluetooth speaker at the same time. The higher model, TX-NR7100 supports this natively.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks