What's new

"From Hell to Texas (1958)-And Disney's Vault Hoarders from Hell (1 Viewer)

cineescape

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
gregory
A local public library has the original Fox DVD release of "From Hell to Texas" with this artwork. From Hell to Texas - Wikipedia

Picture AND sound are truly excellent for lossy Dolby Digital-and the film is presented in color and its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

But the DVD is discontinued, I can't find any used copies for sale and now that Disney has acquired all of these Fox film classics (God help us) there's probably next to no chance of it being issued on optical disc again, certainly not on BD.

Instead, there's only this, of whatever technical quality.
https://www.amazon.com/Hell-Texas-D...refix=from+hell+to+texas+,movies-tv,72&sr=1-2

And it won't work in my Region 1 Pioneer LX500 BD player. Or will it? Amazon says its Region 0 but the back of the box says Region 2.

In any case, it will play in my SuperDisc enabled Oppo 95 player and via VLC player in my HTPC.

However, as my main concern is A/V quality, what are the chances that this Fox licensed Spanish pressed or burned DVD used the same digital master as the Region 1 DVD?

But if it was burned rather than pressed, and if can I then copy it to an external SSD drive, what's the best file format to save it in? However, neither my Oppo or Pioneer players support ISO files. Thus, which lossless file format should I use and what software tools do I need?

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
"Back in the day" there were several entirely legitimate Spanish DVDs of Fox titles. I have several of them. This does not seem to have come from that same batch. As Spain has since become the hive of bootleg activity, I'd be cautious about this disc.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
You could try to buy the Fox DVD from your Public Library. If it's a low circulation item they may be selling it at the next book sale, anyway.

There seem to be a bunch of, out-of-stock, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese versions. It's on a four DVD Henry Hathaway set, also. Even if you find one with a foreign Amazon Marketplace seller they may not ship to the U.S.

You can make do with YouTube. The various uploads of "From Hell to Texas" have over 20 million views.

cineescape

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
gregory
Those <!!!!>ing Disney neanderthals! >20 million Youtube hits and they stash popular classics like this away from us. Such are the charms of our capitalist culture. Okay, enough procrastinating-this week I'm downloading the RedFox and Clone DVD trial versions.

Thanks for the Youtube link!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks