What's new

Rules Of Attraction: Good Blind-Buy???? (1 Viewer)

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
I went to see this film with a bunch of my college buddies. Let me tell you this, I am a big fan of Bret Easton Ellis's novels, particulary American Psycho, and I was really looking forward to this movie (the trailer was awesome).

The theater I saw it in was packed on opening night, with about a 1/3 or the audience being high school/college aged females who did *not* know what they were getting themselves in for. I casually predicted to my friends that they would not make it all the way throught the film, as they were expecting a 90210 type flic (I assumed). At about half way through the film, I would say 25% of the audience walked out. I guess some people just can't laugh at Ellis's very dark humour. Even the people that stayed seem to be staying just out of stubourness, as the five or so guys with me were the only people LAUGHING our asses off, just about every minute.

Now, at the same time, none of us thought that this was a good movie. After leaving the theater and discussing this film, we all agreed that it was very funny, would not sit well with most people, and was a complete failure for a film as a whole. There are some great scenes, but its more of a patch-work-quilt than a complete film.

So, I'm telling you this long story for convince you to RENT FIRST. This is very little chance you will LOVE this film, so, while you may find it exceedingly hilarious as I did, you most likely will not LIKE the film enough to ever watch it again, at least not in it's entirety.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'll watch a film about dirt as long as Jessica Biel's in it!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Seriously now, I haven't seen it yet but very much want to, so i'll probably be picking it up as well. And hey, if it turns out to be a bad movie...

Jessica Biel!! :D

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I saw this film about a month ago and enjoyed it. It's a very "dirty" film filled with sick humor, but I like that kind of stuff. :D

I hope we get an uncut DVD release someday.

Gregory

John Geelan

Screenwriter
As Carrot Top mentions in his hilarious commentary( the only reason to won this film), "Lets go back to Jessica Biel getting gang-banged by the football team".
Thats the kind of movie it is, very teasing...just when something occurs that looks interesting...it goes in another direction.

Kate Bosworth's role is wasted in it.

It does have quite the Suicide Scene in it...very well done.

Rent this one before you even think of purchasing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks