What's new

Rotel RSX-1055 and HD problem (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jeff Schnebelen
I think my Rotel is not Roteling properly :) This mostly happens when watching HD TV. During a viewing, if motion or graphics change very rapidly, My picture will completely cut out and go black then come back on. It kinda makes me think it is running out of Bandwidth. Has anyone experienced this with their Rotel? Here is a great example... Last night I was watching CSI in HD. Every time they would reenact the Crime seen, in their Graphics kind of way, my picture would cut out. VERY ANNOYING :angry:

AS Always, Any Ideas from the pros here are always welcome. Thank you.

Oh, I might add, I narrowed it down to my rotel by bypassing the rotel component video and taking the video straight to the Projector. The problem went away.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
The first 1055 and 1066 had bandwidth limited to 10, they had a upgrade (costs $100 on old units) to get upgraded to 100...

Rich

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
Rich is correct. The older version will not correctly pass an HD signal. Can you run the input directly to your TV?

Real Name
Jeff Schnebelen
Thanks you guys. My unit is brand new as of a few months ago. My software is the 2.x version so I thought I had the newer model rated at 200mhz of bandwidth. I will double check that. Also, thanks to LewB for pointing me to the htguide forum. I found a post on there of someone who did a config with my same projector with pictures and everything. I will be tweaking my projector this weekend. :D

As luck would have it, my rotel is bad. I spoke with my dealer and they gave me a reset code to try to reset the microprocessor. I did that and still got the same result. Now they want to send it in to Rotel to be repaired. I will be without it for 2-3 weeks. :frowning: I have a football party on Dec 9th so I must wait till after that to get fixed. Thanks again for you help. I know I can always count on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks