What's new

Rotel RMB-1095 (1 Viewer)

dean benj

Auditioning
I got my Rotel gear at Audio Concepts in N. Attleboro, MA just over the RI border. Talk to Pete and mention my name if you go in there
Dalton,
Thanks for the tip- I might have to "get lost in the Attleboro area and mistakenly end up there" :D
I'm really in the prelim stage(research,listen, and research some more), but with my budget, I'm seriously looking at new pre-amp(Outlaw 950 vs Rotel 1055) and keep an eye out for a used amp when someone wants to go bigger-as someone always does. When you and your friend do a Rotel/Outlaw shootout, keep me posted on the results. Currently have older B&W DM602 for the mains, Snell center, and a Mirage BP150i sub. When I upgrade the Pre/Amp, I'll need to add some decent rear sound(as the current BA outdoors need to go back on the deck!)- I'm torn between moving the 602s to the back (and really changing the front sound) or just some new surround spkrs.
Comments,ideas always appreciated.
Levesque- Ahh, but there is a cure for the bug bite. Give the missus a day at Nordstoms.
dean

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
It seems that quite a few are saying that the Parasound will be a better match with Klipsch than the Rotel because of the speakers' brighter sound.

Is this true?

Yogi

Screenwriter
Parasound will be a better match with Klipsch than the Rotel because of the speakers' brighter sound.
No, because of Parasound's warmer-than-Rotel sound which will be a better match to a bright speaker such as Klipsch. To certain less bright speakers the Rotel could be a better match, IMHO.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I have Rotel and Klipsch now and they match up fine IMO. I have had Parasound in the past and they are slightly warmer than Rotel but I don't think a Rotel/Klipsch combo is overly bright. Sounds pretty darn good to me! I have nothing bad to say about Parasound though and think they are a fine match for Klipsch.

Dalton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks