What's new

Rotel RMB-1095 (1 Viewer)

Levesque

Supporting Actor
So the 1095 might very well be a last amp you will ever buy, unless you have a severe case of upgraditis.
Exactly Yogi.
That's exactly what I wanted to add. The RMB-1095 will grow with your system. If you ever decide to go with Paradigm Studio-100 or any other in the same category (I mean power hungry category...), 200W will be perfect for those power hungry speakers. You will probably change and upgrade a lot of things in your system before considering upgrading the RMB-1095.
I'm in the "the more powerful you can afford, the better" category. That's why I choose the RMB-1095, even if I'm only using Paradigm Studio-40. But I'm a bad case of upgredatis acousticalis :b ...so I will probably upgrade soon to more power hungry speakers...:D

Yogi

Screenwriter
But I'm a bad case of upgredatis acousticalis ...so I will probably upgrade soon to more power hungry speakers...
And yet rest easy that your Rotel 1095 can provide dynamic power of 315 W/ch (25 dbW) into 8 ohms and 575 W/ch (27.6 dbW) into 4 ohm loads and 1,060 W/ch (30.3 dbW) into 2 ohm, in case you ever need it. These are actual measured values on the 1095. Levesque, doesn't it feel good to know that you have all that power in case you need it? You never know when your truck might not start on a cold winter morning:).
Ed Foster in 'Audio' mag's review compared the 1095 head to head with the more powerful Bryston 4B-ST and couldn't tell them apart with any certainty. That at less than half the $$$/watt itself speaks volumes about the 1095's capabilities and its value.
On a side note, Levesque where are your silver Rotel pictures?

Yogi

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
What a setup Levesque:emoji_thumbsup: You know what would look even better (not that its not looking good as it is) is the Rotels sitting on a glass rack by themselves. All three on a three shelved glass rack by themselves. That would be a sight to behold.
Amazing collection of DVDs:emoji_thumbsup: I envy your setup and your collection:)

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Thanx Yogi. But the rack with shelved glass is definitely not WAF material. The only thing she was accepting, was a wood rack (made with my own hands BTW), to go with the wood flor.
I had to do some concessions, ploting and bribing to had my dedicated home theater :D... The glass rack was not receiving the wife seal of approval ;)
BTW, this is only half my collection of DVD. I'm working on a second custom wood rack, so they are on a pile in another room.:D

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Lévesque,
This is sort of off topic but i just wanted to say i agree with everything you said about the 1066 Pre/Pro and DVD-Audio. I had no idea what i was missing until I heard DVD-A through the 1066! While i don't have the 1095(not yet anyway) I do have the 1075 and with my Klipsch reference speakers this amp is excellent! Maybe when i get my bonus next year the 1095 will be in my rack. All in all, the 1075 serves me well! These two amps are beutiful aren't they?:)
:emoji_thumbsup:

Levesque

Supporting Actor
No problem Dalton. It was my pleasure to help you in your choice. I'm really happy you are enjoying your system. The 1075 will give more then enough headroom, and will serve you for years. So don't feel guilty, stop those "what if..." and enjoy!:D
BTW, my favorite DVD-A is Riding with the King (Eric Clapton and B.B. King). Go buy it, close the lights, a good glass of white wine, go to track 5, and relax...
Isn't it the best hobby in the world! :emoji_thumbsup:

Legairre

Supporting Actor
OK guys. Since most of you seem to be Rotel 1095 lovers like me:D. Here's a bunch of reviews I found about a year ago when I was 1095 shopping. If your not convined to give it a "listen" at the dealer or at home after reading these, just buy a $50 bookshelf system and be done with it.:)
http://www.rotel.com/pdfs/reviews/rmb1095_audiomag.pdf
Link Removed
http://www.rotel.com/PDFS/REVIEWS/ho...tre-austra.PDF
http://www.htadvice.com/on_products/...l_rmb1095.html
http://www.rotel.com/PDFS/REVIEWS/ho...i-mayjun00.PDF
http://www.audioenz.co.nz/2002/0502.html
http://www.technofile.com/articles/rotel.html

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Thank you Legairre. I was too lazy to search review by myself :D Will go read those, and will keep a link here for people asking over this amp. Good job :emoji_thumbsup:

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I will most likely get another amp in the spring. Right nowI can get the 1075 for $1350.00 Cdn. whereas the 1095 is $2500.00. I know the 1095 uses two power supplies and has upgraded parts but do you think it it worth twice the cash? ;)

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I will most likely get another amp in the spring. Right nowI can get the 1075 for $1350.00 Cdn. whereas the 1095 is $2500.00. I know the 1095 uses two power supplies and has upgraded parts but do you guys think it's worth twice the cash? ;)

dean benj

Auditioning
I have Klipsch Reference and i am picking my new RMB 1075 on Tuesday. I think the 120watts per channel should be more than enough power to drive the rf'5s to reference levels. My Carver A705x(125x5) did an excellent job also.
Dalton
My Carver A705x(125x5) did an excellent job also.
Hey Dalton,
2 questions for you- can you recommend a dealer in the Ocean State? What did ya do with the Carver? :D
Have been bitten by the upgrade bug, and I'm looking to go separates.
Thanks,
dean in EG,RI.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Sorry to ear this dean benj, because there is no know cure for this "bug" bite. Not even divorce can "cure you"!

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Dean,
The Carver is my friend's setup now. I loved that amp and now regret selling it. The RMB 1075 is probably a bit better but i still would of loved to have both to bi-amp my front three and run the back half with the other amp.
I got my Rotel gear at Audio Concepts in N. Attleboro, MA just over the RI border. Talk to Pete and mention my name if you go in there. I just upgraded my speakers also. I went with all Klipsch RC7's across the front. I talked to someone who was running them as mains in a 2 ch. setup and he told me Klipsch recommended the setup. The reason i got the RC7's instead of the RF7's was that with the RC7's you get the RF7's flagship horn/tweeter/crossover for half the price. I didn't need the big woofs in the RF7 because my SVS 20-39PC+ handles the bass for me. I was a little skeptical at first about using 3 center speakers up front but let me tell you, they are an AWESOME combo. I just rotated the horns 45 degrees and stood the RC7's up as monitors and presto, some kick ass mains. I am extremely pleased with the performance, a good step up from my RF3II's. You wanna talk about the bug? LOL...I just upgraded almost everything!

Dalton

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 1075... it heats up my 14x22-foot room. Seriously, this is the warmest room in the house. I never turn the amp off. I really like the way it sounds/performs. I can only imagine what the 1095 is like.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
My RMB-1095 become hot (more lukewarm) only if driven really hard, high volume and for a long period. My Yammie RX-V3200 was a lot warmer under the same stress. I think the heatsinks on the RMB-1095 are really well done, bypassing the need for a noisy fan. Well done design.
But, one of my cats like to sleep beside it. Even over 110 db, the cat sleep like a baby. Probably likes the warmth coming from the Rotel. With the Servo-15 at 5 feets, the cat is shaking and moving, but even this can't awake it!
So each time I start the amp (I don't leave it always on), the cat go directly to it.
My cat love the RMB-1095 too! :D

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Does Rotel allow "internet" sales? Or should I try and find a local dealer?
(I'm interested in a RB-1080 + RMB-1095. Also looking at B&K, Anthem, and Acurus.)
I was looking at Parasound too, but there were some bad customer service experiences on www.audioreview.com .
I also agree, you can never ever have enough power! :)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Dalton,
Thanks for the "review." :)
So, you're saying that the Rotel RMB-1095 will be a good match for my Klipsch RF-7s? Better than the Parasound HCA-2205AT?
By the way, how big is your home theater room?

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Haris,
My HT room is 24x13 with 8' ceilings. I think you will be fine with either Rotel or Parasound. I had a Parasound amp ealrier this year (The 855a) and it was excellent. I just wanted some more power so i got the Carver. The only reason i sold the Carver to my friend was because i was looking at buying a flagship receiver(thinking it would have enough power). I would have been happy keeping the Carver but things worked out for the best for me with the Rotel combo.

Dalton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks