Rotel RMB-1095

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Haris Ellahi, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

How is the Rotel RMB-1095 amplifier? Do you think it will go well with my Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers?

2. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Oh, and one more thing. [​IMG]
    How do you think the Parasound HCA-2205AT compares to the Rotel RMB-1095?

3. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

I own a Rotel RMB-1095. It's a beast. I've seen review where they compare it favorably to units costing 2 times more. Rotel got a nice position on the market now. Almost "high-end" sound for "mid-end" price.

You should check on the use market, for some very nice deal. If you are patient, you can hit a Parasound or ATI for a really good price.

But if you want to by new, then the RMB-1095 is one of the best deal for this quality, on the market right now. Even at full MSRP, it's a steal.

Impossible to clip, almost infinite power. Clean non-distorted sound.

BTW, at htguide.com, there is a guy trying to sell a used RMB-1095.

4. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Thanks. [​IMG]
    My local Rotel dealer has the Rotel RMB-1095 for about $1616 USD. Good deal?
    By the way, I went to www.audioreview.com and checked out the reviews for the Rotel RMB-1095 and it didn't get even ONE negative review! Everyone loves it. Some guys like it more than the Parasound. [​IMG]
    It seems it is a killer amp!
    By, in your opinion, how does the Rotel RMB-1095 compare to the Parasound HCA-2205AT?

5. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

from my listening experiences, which aren't hugely extensive, but i have listened to the same audio tracks using both the rotel and the parasound, you can't go wrong with either one.

for my ears, the rotel is about as neutral sounding as an amp can be. it seems to add no flavor of its own to the sound. the parasound is just a bit warmer sounding; for lack of a better description it gives a bit of a darker, lush aspect to the presentation. probably would be a better match to brighter speakers.

even though they sound different, they both have a pleasing sound, and i would have been happy with either one. i went with a parasound hca 1500 two-channel cause i got a good price on it, and i only have a pair of speakers for now.

6. Tom Grooms

Tom Grooms Second Unit

your speakers produce 102db @ 1 watt/1 meter
    You do not need anywhere near 200 wpc. If you like the Rotel line, save yourself some coins and look at the RMB-1066 or the RMB-1075. Both of those amps are way more than you will ever need.

7. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

I had a rotel 1095 and a parasound 2205 in my rack for about two weeks both very nice amps excellent build quality with both. The rotel had balanced connections where the parasound had adjustable gain controls, both unique looking, both very heavy, the parasound with just a tad more power at 220 vs 200 with the rotel. Most importantly the parasounds warm smooth sound just blew me away maybe with different speakers I would have preferred the rotel but my studio 100s and parasound were a match made in heaven[​IMG]
    If you can try them both!
    Bob

8. Marc_E

Marc_E Supporting Actor

I own the Rotel and it ROCKS! $1616 is about what I paid (combo package with the RB-1090). On the used market, you can do a bit better around $1400 but, in my mind, for the extra $200, I'll take it new and have the dealer behind me. Kills amp with SO much power, detail and refinment. I love it.
    Marc

9. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Thanks for the input. [​IMG]
    So, anyone else on Rotel vs Parasound? [​IMG]

10. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

My Parasound 1205A amp did wonders for my Klipsch reference speakers (RB-5ii). Its warm full sound (someone described it as lush) made a huge improvement to the sound, at least to these ears. I haven't tried the Rotel with my Klipsch, but people who use them with Klipsch rave about those too.

11. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

With brighter speakers Parasound would be a better match than Rotel, IMHO.

12. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    I have Klipsch Reference and i am picking my new RMB 1075 on Tuesday. I think the 120watts per channel should be more than enough power to drive the rf'5s to reference levels. My Carver A705x(125x5) did an excellent job also.

Dalton

13. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Dalton,
    Don't forget to post your impressions on the Rotel RMB-1075! [​IMG]

14. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton

15. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

I got a RB-985mkII mated with a 1055 receiver. Great combo.
    Found the amp for $450 in absolutly mint condtion. 110x5 is plenty of juice for my speakers.

II also use all Klipsch speakers, KG 5.2's, 4.2's, 2.2v, KSB 3.1's, and think Rotel sounds great with them.

Earle

Dalton,

Did you get your 1066 yet? Impressions?

16. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton

17. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

Congrats Dalton! for your choice of the RSP-1066!. Just put a DVD you know pretty well, and enjoy all those details you were missing! [​IMG]

18. Robert McClanahan

Robert McClanahan Stunt Coordinator

19. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit

IMO when someone says that a 200wpc power amp is way more than they will ever need.
    Is like telling someone that a P-3 1Ghz computer is all they will ever need.
    I owned a pair of Klipsch speakers for 14 years. They were like [email protected]/1 meter. And never ran less than 200wpc to them. Even though they were efficient.
    I see too many times on forums that people buy low power amps and with-in a year are looking for bigger amps.
    If your setup is in a small room then maybe a bigger power amp may not be fully utilized. But, I'd still consider it. [​IMG]

20. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

I always believe in buying the most power you can afford. There is nothing as too much power. All things being equal (i.e, design, manufacturer, build quality like in the case of 1095 and 1075) more power translates to better control and refinement even at low volumes. So a 1095 playing at 1W will sound marginally better than a 1075 playing at 1W. The difference in sound quality diverges as the volume level gets higher. So a 1095 playing at 100 watts will sound considerably better than a 1075 playing at that same level. So transients like explosions are much better rendered on a more powerful amp than a less powerful one.

So buy the 1095 and you wont have to look back, unless you move to a huge theater room driven by ESLs. Even then the Rotel 1095 will suffice for most pusposes. So the 1095 might very well be a last amp you will ever buy, unless you have a severe case of upgraditis. In that case nothing will suffice.