What's new

Rob Roy.....Any Chance of a Special Edition? (1 Viewer)

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
[rant]ABSO-(DIRTY WORD)-LUTELY!! [/rant] I'd definitely buy a newer, better edition of Rob. I've always liked it more than Braveheart.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I *love* Rob Roy -- more than Braveheart, which usually gets people all in a tizzy -- and would buy an SE in a heartbeat.

And JoshB, the reason we get snazzy SEs for big-budget movies that tank (Stealth, The Island) is that production on the DVDs starts well before the movie comes out. Most commentaries are recorded before the movie's release as well (so you don't hear Rob Cohen muttering, "Jesus, that tanked!"). I'm pals with a DVD producer who has a title out next month that he worked on well before the movie went into physical production, though most of his work won't be seen before the inevitable SE set next year.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Hadn't re-watched this since I've been a member here, but did the other day. So now I gotta say: though not the worst DVD transfer I've seen (that would be the original Crying Game), it ranks well down there. Even for the time, this was poor. Hard to believe such a good movie hasn't been re-mastered, compared to the shite that has been re-issued numerous times. Bring it on Sony! Superbit! Did they announce it and I missed it? Uncut anamorphic R2 would be fine too. It doesn't have to be an SE to satisfy me.

[I looked around to try to find info, and came across some older reviews elsewhere. One called the transfer stunningly beautiful, superior PQ, flawless. I obviously thought there must be a newer version...:D ]

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Hear, hear!

It might be interesting to have within the special features some information on the real Rob Roy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks