What's new

Branagh's Henry V (1989)......Any Chance of a SE??? (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Along with Rob Roy, one of MGM's older titles that is in need of a special edition. I was thinking of picking up the current title (which is around $9), but was wondering if MGM (now Sony) would get around to re-releasing it.

It could definately use a new anamorphic transfer (the previous one was anamorphic, but appears matted at 1.85:1, instead of the OAR which was 1.66:1 I believe), plus a 5.1 track. A commentary by Branagh would also be a nice touch.

Any thoughts?

Stan Rozenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
And I would love to see English subtitles for those of us who can't follow Shakespearean dialogue so easily.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

If you search around, you may find the book of the film, which is basically the script plus the occasional direction or comment by Branagh. It's not the same as a full-blown commentary, but there are some interesting insights. There is also a great deal about the making of the film in Branagh's autobiography.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Supposedly due for 10th anniversary edition which would put it out late this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks