What's new

Reviews of Movie Theater Sound Systems? (1 Viewer)

Brandon A

Agent
I'm trying to find some reviews of movie theater sound systems. I remember coming across one for the Krikorian theater in Buena Park. But I can't seem to find it now. Has anyone ever come across anything like this?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
That would be cool Brandon but my question would be who is doing the reviewing? There's a market out there for people like the members here at the HTF who care about these things. I want that job btw. ;)

Brandon A

Agent
What would be ideal is someone who is in the know as to the latest developments in the theater world, rather than just an enthusiast. An enthusiast might be able to do a good job at reviewing theaters near them, but on a national or even regional scale it would be difficult.

Also, it was mentioned by a teacher of mine that many theaters turn off surround sound and other features for showings where there are few people, can anyone confirm this?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Not where I live. I saw Finding Neverland with about 3 people in the audience and it was loud. Not a wiz-bang film but it was effectively loud.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
No, not in my area. They're more likely to forget and leave it at the packed 535-seat house level for the next showing of 5 people...

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks