What's new

Theatrical Camp Hideout (2023)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Title: Camp Hideout (2023)

Tagline: You can't hide when you're in plain sight.

Genre: Family, Comedy

Director: Sean Olson

Cast: Corbin Bleu, Ethan Drew, Amanda Leighton, Christopher Lloyd, Tyler Kowalski, Zion Wyatt, Jenna Raine Simmons, Josh Inocalla, Joshua Childs, Luca Alexander, Raphael Ruggero, Tucker Brown, Isabelle Almoyan, Justin Sterner, Addy Maxwell, Maya Maxwell, Genesis Juarez, Elle Wesley, JT Underwood

Release: 2023-09-15

Runtime: 100

Plot: Noah is a troubled teen who nearly gets caught stealing a top-secret gadget from some big city thugs. After barely escaping, he decides to hide out at a summer camp that's run by the eccentric Falco and counselors Jake and Selena. As Noah tries to blend in with the rest of the rowdy campers, his crooked partners show up to steal the classified item, now in his possession.

I took a chance on Camp Hideout.

I struck out.

I can forgive bad acting and bad writing to a certain extent, but this knocked both out of the park. I'll lay the blame at the feet of the writers, who are so desperate to not offend anyone and stay true to their own beliefs that what they write has zero basis in reality. The plot is poorly structured, the characters serve the story (not the other way around) and the result is something too...cable TV-ish. Cartoonish, lacking in depth, a wannabe Home Alone.

That's about as far as I'm going to go since this movie was apparently made by a certain kind of filmmaker for a certain audience...and I'm not that audience. (PS: I was the only one in the theater for a 7:15 pm showing in the Southern US on Thursday night.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
a wannabe Home Alone.

Apparently that was the inspiration of the producer:

Producer Jason Lee Brown got the idea for the plot of this movie while watching Home Alone (1990) with his children, who he said would watch the movie over and over again. (IMDb)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks