1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Return of Spinal Tap

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Drew Mertz, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Drew Mertz

Drew Mertz Stunt Coordinator

I was at Best Buy today and I noticed this dvd on the shelf. It was listed as an import (though labeled as NTSC region 1). The case was pretty basic didn`t list anything other then what the film is about. Has anyone picked up this disc and could comment on it. Video / audio any extras?

At the bottom of the package it says something to the effect of no unauthorized copying of this videocassette. I thought that was amusing.

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I have the LD (which I got for the tidy sum of $4). It's a live performance with some "Where are they now?" skits in between.

There is one particularly hilarious scene where Nigel shows off his inventions [​IMG]

3. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

I saw it at Borders a couple of weeks ago, but it just didn't look like it was worth $20. $10, maybe.

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I've been waiting for this and it seems odd it could slip past me. A coupel e-tailers are selling it, though DVD Price Search doesn't list it. The DVD Profiler entry contains very little data. The cheapest price I found was $19.80 at Deep Discount DVD.

This seems rather steep for a no-frills release of a 90-minute tv special.

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor