Return of Spinal Tap

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Drew Mertz, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Drew Mertz

Drew Mertz Stunt Coordinator

I was at Best Buy today and I noticed this dvd on the shelf. It was listed as an import (though labeled as NTSC region 1). The case was pretty basic didn`t list anything other then what the film is about. Has anyone picked up this disc and could comment on it. Video / audio any extras?

At the bottom of the package it says something to the effect of no unauthorized copying of this videocassette. I thought that was amusing.

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I have the LD (which I got for the tidy sum of $4). It's a live performance with some "Where are they now?" skits in between.

There is one particularly hilarious scene where Nigel shows off his inventions [​IMG]

3. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

I saw it at Borders a couple of weeks ago, but it just didn't look like it was worth $20. $10, maybe.

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I've been waiting for this and it seems odd it could slip past me. A coupel e-tailers are selling it, though DVD Price Search doesn't list it. The DVD Profiler entry contains very little data. The cheapest price I found was $19.80 at Deep Discount DVD.

This seems rather steep for a no-frills release of a 90-minute tv special.

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor