What's new

Return of Spinal Tap (1 Viewer)

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
I was at Best Buy today and I noticed this dvd on the shelf. It was listed as an import (though labeled as NTSC region 1). The case was pretty basic didn`t list anything other then what the film is about. Has anyone picked up this disc and could comment on it. Video / audio any extras?

At the bottom of the package it says something to the effect of no unauthorized copying of this videocassette. I thought that was amusing.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I have the LD (which I got for the tidy sum of $4). It's a live performance with some "Where are they now?" skits in between.

There is one particularly hilarious scene where Nigel shows off his inventions ;)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I saw it at Borders a couple of weeks ago, but it just didn't look like it was worth $20. $10, maybe.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I've been waiting for this and it seems odd it could slip past me. A coupel e-tailers are selling it, though DVD Price Search doesn't list it. The DVD Profiler entry contains very little data. The cheapest price I found was $19.80 at Deep Discount DVD.

This seems rather steep for a no-frills release of a 90-minute tv special.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
There is one particularly hilarious scene where Nigel shows off his inventions
The guitar capo LOL!!! :D

I have the LD, the audio is atrocious.

The Martin Short appearance is embarrasingly poor. The Rob Reiner appearance as Marti DiBergi is brilliant and hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks