1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Retro gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bryan^H, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

The "Red Ring of Death" which was just an overheating issue, but destroyed systems regardless was remedied with the redesign of the console. The XBox 360 "S" runs cool, and lasts forever.

This is perfection:

IMG_1409.JPG

bmasters9 likes this.
  2. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    I'll say it is-- I'm glad you have something that's not gonna go out on you!

Bryan^H likes this.
  3. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

For those interested, Sydney Hunter for the Master System now has the second batch available and ready to ship at Collectorvision.com.

I finally ordered mine.

4. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

It has given me countless hours and tons of gaming fun.
    Next time I Power it on it will probably have an issue and die too:D

5. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

Just arrived yesterday. I can't wait to play it.

IMG_1434.JPG

LeoA likes this.
  6. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

https://www.analogue.co/pocket/
    I am a huge fan of the original Gameboy so this goes above and beyond what I could have hoped for.
    ap1.
    It even comes with a dock so you can play on your TV.
    I would say this is too good to be true, but I have bought products from Analogue and have been nothing less than 100% pleased with their products.

LeoA likes this.
  7. Message #147 of 149 Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    I've been drooling over it all day.

Another neat thing is this will be open to homebrew. So we'll hopefully see some stuff like Mister cores (An open source FPGA based retro gaming platform) getting ported over. Lots of neat things there like Vectrex, Astrocade, and tons of arcade cores.

Also, my impression is that the dock will be sold as an accessory. So we're likely looking at an additional $100 plus another $20-$30 shipping charge.

Also, they've said that this is only "announcement number 1" and that "we're just getting started." So hopefully that Analogue 8 patent, which some believe might be a HDMI only, plastic cased successor to the NT Mini, will get unveiled shortly.

https://www.retrorgb.com/analogue-handheld-and-8-bit-trademark-leak.html

Since I'm most interested in today's announcement as a console, I'm actually hoping their next announcement will be a true consolized version of this handheld system, minus the dock, onboard controls, screen, speakers, headphone jack, etc. A lot of retro gamers are interested in this for a better tv experience, so I could see demand for a console only option.

$200 will be kinder to my wallet than $300+ and if this next Analogue announcements instead ends up a NT Mini follow-up with all those extra cores like for the Atari 7800 that Kevtris created, I don't even want to think about it in the same calendar year.

Bryan^H likes this.
  8. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

I sure hope we get another NES based system from Analogue.
    Changing topic-----
    I think the best advice I can give to any game collectors out there is to never trade, sell, or purge your classic games. You might regret it.

When I sold 75 of my mint Sega Genesis complete in box games(no sports titles) I thought I did alright ($8 each:angry:) . Now most of those games complete and in great condition bring between $50-$200. Not to mention I would have loved to play them on my Mega SG.

With the announcement of the Analogue Pocket, I find myself in very much the same situation having to buy back the games I have gotten rid of over the years, and desperately want to play them again on the new unit.

It really sucks!

LeoA likes this.
  9. LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    Finally got around to ordering myself a Mega Sg. :)