What's new

Report: Jeff Gordon's wife files for divorce (1 Viewer)

Alex S

Second Unit
That's too bad they are getting divorced.

I hope she doesn't get everything.

No wonder why he hasn't been racing like himself this season. I'm sure this is affecting him.

He would have won at Darlington today if it wasn't for the big wreck at the end of the race.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Butthead: Hey Beavis, I got dibs on Brooke,

Beavis: No way Butthole, I got dibs on her. How would you get her to go out with you and do it and stuff?

Butthead: Hee Hee I would say - Hey baby, come to Butthead.

Beavis: Hey asswipe, she wants guys in fast cars, not guys who go fast.

Butthead: Beavis, she doesn't want guys in fast cars anymore.

Beavis: Hee Hee Hey Butthead, I'm fast too.

Butthead: Shut up assmunch, I say her first!! SMACK

Beavis: Owhhhh!!

Rey L

Stunt Coordinator
Chad, I curious.

I've been watching Gordon race since he was driving a sprint car around Indianapolis Raceway Park in 1988, and I cannot recall any particular time that he has blamed any one but himself for his own mistakes. Even after his skirmishes with Wallace and Stewart, he was enough of a gentleman not to bad-mouth another driver in interviews. There are a lot of other drivers the don't pull any punches when it comes to what's on their minds, but I've never seen Gordon fall into that trap.

If you choose not to like him, I've no problem with that, but can you cite any instance that caused you to get this perception of him?

Alex S

Second Unit
Rey L,

I agree. Gordon is a gentleman. Whan he does mess up (which isn't too often) he takes the blame if it's his fault. If it's not his fault, like last years final race where Robby Gordon got into the back of his car at the end of the race and wound up winning because of that, he doesn't take the blame nor should he.

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm.

After looking at these pictures, I nominate Charisma Carpenter to play Brooke in the made-for-TV movie of the week about Jeff Gordon.

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Peter_A: dear god!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Talk about curves....

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I read an article in the paper the other day, and it stated that part of the reason Gordon hasn't been doing so well this year so far, is that he feels that the Chevy's don't have as good an aero package as the other makes, resulting in a disadvantage on the track. It went on to state that the other Chevy drivers have looked to Gordon to speak up to NASCAR about the issue, which he did.
I have a question I hope someone can answer, as this has been bugging me for some time now, who is that girl who is always in victory lane standing right behing the winner when he climbs from his car? She looks to be Puerto Rican, and she always wears a red ballcap with her hair in a ponytail. I think she is so fine!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
When she's in the frame during the winners speech, I can't take my eyes off her! She must be a high profile Winston girl beause she's always there, watch for her.
Anybody know her name?

Peter_A

Second Unit
jg93win.jpg

Oh.....my....god.
What a classic picture! That's freakin' hilarious! Ahahahhahahahha!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
What a redneck!

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I've often wondered about the Jeff Gordon hating thing. How much is it the "golden boy" success, how much is his relative outsider status in the core NASCAR world, and how much is it his driving?

Great race car drivers tend to be very arrogant in their on track demeanor and in NASCAR co-operation in the draft is a key factor so maybe thats a part of it.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Earlier today Jeff Gordon issued the following statements concerning his impending divorce proceedings. "As you are probably well aware, Brooke has filed for divorce. Being a personal matter, I hope that everybody will respect our privacy as we work through this difficult time. "I also hope everybody will understand that it would be improper for me to discuss or comment on this matter publicly. "I appreciate the support I've received from my family, friends and those in the racing community."
In English: We are working out a deal to buy/threaten silence from my soon-to-be ex-wife so she doesn't reveal things that would damage my career. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Charles,
I have no idea what goes on in the minds of Gordon haters, but I think you touched on a couple in your post. I've heard everything, from people thinking he's an outsider and not from the south, so he has no business being a NASCAR driver, or that he's a pretty boy and whines when he loses (complete bullshit), but the craziest reason i've heard is that he wins too much!?:confused: Um, isn't that the reason to LIKE him!?
My brother tells me whenever Gordon gets booed by the crowd, or when the crowds cheer when he wrecks, that "everybody goes through this, even Dale Earnhardt got booed when he first came on the scene." I keep telling him he's full of shit, Gordon has 4 championships at the age of 30, if he hasn't won respect from the NASCAR fans by now, he'll never get it. Gordon will always be hated until the day he retires.
He's easily the best stock car driver in the sport, and I fully expect him to beat Dale Earnhardt's record of 7 Winston Cup titles by the time he's 40.

Ken Situ

Stunt Coordinator
My brother tells me whenever Gordon gets booed by the crowd, or when the crowds cheer when he wrecks, that "everybody goes through this, even Dale Earnhardt got booed when he first came on the scene."
Isn't that tell you more about the fans than the driver himself?

After all these years, I still can't figure out why NASCAR is so popular in the US while F1 and CART are not?

Peter_A

Second Unit
After all these years, I still can't figure out why NASCAR is so popular in the US while F1 and CART are not?
Because 95% of F1 and CART drivers are not from the US. I think that 100% of Nascar drivers are from the US and with Americans being so patriotic, it's always better to support your own. That's one of the reasons the CART series is not doing so well, not enough American drivers. Also, most Nascar races are held in the Eastern US so it's in a relatively small area and easy to follow. F1 and CART on the other hand travel the globe to much more exotic locals.
Personally I think Nascar is incredibly boring to watch and driver skill is average (zipping up flame suit:)) when compared to F1 and especially when compared to the drivers in the World Rally Championship. Now that's driving skill! Check it out on the Nascar channel...ooops I mean Speed Channel sometime. The rally Catalunya starts this weekend!

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
Personally I think Nascar is incredibly boring to watch...
When they race on super-speedways (Talladega, Daytona), I'd agree. But otherwise, NASCAR is much more exciting than F1 IMHO. I mean, everytime I watch an F1 grand prix, I feel like I'm watching a 200mph funeral procession. There's rarely any passing, the same drivers win every race, there's little pit strategy, etc. I do understand that F1 is about the best car the team can build with the best driver as possible versus the more level playing field dictated by NASCAR. But all to often it seems that an F1 race lacks racing.

As for F1 not being popular in the States, I believe it has to do with many factors. No American drivers. No American race for years until the revival at Indy. The fact that most of the races are run when we're sleeping. Too many other options (IRL, CART, NASCAR, IROC, not to mention all of the USAC racing, drag racing, etc.). It almost seems to be akin to us wondering why CART isn't more popular in Germany.

Peter_A

Second Unit
I'll agree that F1 can be boring to watch, but I think it's more interesting to watch when each team is left to it's owna accord to develop the aero package and engine package while in Nascar, the playing field is to level.

But I tell you, if you get Speedvision, check out sameday highlights from the Rally Catalunya this Friday at 11pm ET, Saturday 11pm ET, Sunday 11pm ET, and finally the overall race highlights Monday at 11pm ET.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks