What's new

Report: Jeff Gordon's wife files for divorce (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
March 16, 2002
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Jeff Gordon's wife has filed for divorce after seven years of marriage to the four-time Winston Cup champion, The Palm Beach Post reported Saturday.
Brooke Gordon said the marriage is ``irretrievably broken'' in court papers filed Friday, the newspaper said. It did not specify the problems.
She and her husband are considered the highest-profile couple in NASCAR, appearing together in commercials and magazine articles.
Jeff Gordon, in Darlington, S.C., for the Carolina Dodge Dealers 400, would not elaborate on the report Saturday.
``I hope you guys can respect me at this time,'' he said. ``We're going to say something next week about it.''
Telephone messages by The Associated Press to Gordon's lawyer, Georgia Newman, were not immediately returned Saturday. No one answered at the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts office.
Brooke Gordon is seeking exclusive use of the couple's oceanfront home, valued at $9 million, as well as alimony, two cars and periodic use of their boats and an airplane, the newspaper said.
Gordon's 32-year-old wife also wants her husband to continue to pay the salaries of their housekeepers, maintenance workers and chef.
Jennifer Brooke Sealey was a Miss Winston when she met Gordon in victory lane after a race at Daytona International Speedway. They married Nov. 26, 1994, and have no children.
Jeff Gordon is in his 10th full season in Winston Cup. The 30-year-old driver has won four championships, 58 races and more than $45 million in prize money.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hailing from Indianapolis myslef...I have always been a fan of Jeff Gordon (and Tony Stewart) and to me anyway, It looks like Brooke is taking him for most of what he's got :frowning:
On another note: Brooke is back on the market...maybe I stand a chance now:)

Brooke_Gs.jpg

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Someone from Florida can correct me but I don't believe that Florida is a community property state.

If Florida is not a community property state; I sure as hell would not give in to all of the requests she is making.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Brooke Gordon is seeking exclusive use of the couple's oceanfront home, valued at $9 million, as well as alimony, two cars and periodic use of their boats and an airplane, the newspaper said.
Why of course she does.

She did, after all invest seven years of her life. Pretty damn nice return.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Chad, from your post your obviously not a Gordon fan, but what the heck are you talking about!?:confused:
The man has 4 Winston Cup Championships under his belt at the age of 30! That's something that neither Richard Petty or Dale Earnhardt did at that age. Plus, he constantly breaks records. If you don't like him, cool, but Gordon nay sayers never admit what is so obvious, that the man has talent, and was born to race.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
He's got something in common with Tom Cruise...figure it out...
pretty boys divorcing HOT women...
Oh, and I'm no NASCAR fan, but I think Tony Stewart was going to make lunchmeat of Gordon this year anyway. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But the difference is that Tom Cruise pushed for his divorce, while Jeff Gordon's wife is the one doing the pushing.
She's got big headlights. :)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
No doubt he is a good driver,thats not my trouble with him..it's his attitude,every loss he cant just sit back and say,"yeah,I messed up" it's always somebodies elses fault,"so and so got a bit too close and I caught their drift and it slowed me down and I was never able to recover"...what ever,I cannot stand people like that,nascar drivers or otherwise

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
hehehehe...I wonder why I "picked" that particular photo above....
here's another...not nearly as GOOD though :frowning:
pepsi_400.jpg

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I live in Connecticut. Do girls like that really exist? I thought they were just conceived on the computers at Playboy Enterprises and cut and pasted onto the pages of the magazine. In Connecticut, well, lets just say we don't see a whole hell of a lot of that kinda quality.:thumbsdown: :frowning:

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Evan, they are even wider when you come 150 miles north.

Anybody have any more links without the coming out of the closet soon to be X husband??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks