What's new

Repair help (1 Viewer)

John_Griff

Stunt Coordinator
My cat knocked off these small Klipsch speakers that I use as my front channels. They had the screw down contacts and those contacts broke off (both of them). I was wondering if that is worth gettting fixed or should I just look into getting a new replacement. I only paid $100 for the pair. THANKS!

Dean_S

Second Unit
I would call Klipsch parts and inquire about the price. I recently needed a new terminal cup and crossover on one of my NHT SB3s (a $300/ea speaker) and it was $40. I imagine that if you Klipsch don't have the crossover glued to the terminals then you will only need a new terminal cup and this should cost far less then $40.

BTW: My broken speaker was shipping damage but you might consider some Blue Tack to keep this from happening in the future. Blue Tack is reusable adhesive (like fun tack, but firmer) that you put between the speaker and whatever it sits on. It doesn't damage the speaker or funiture and is completely removable. I get mine from Audioadvisor.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks