What's new

Remember HTF when... (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Some really great memories. It is hard to believe how long this forum has been going. I found out about the HTF via Steve's DVD Resource page. I remember being so excited about each new title annouced. Steve did a hell of a job in those early days of DVD.

What really made this place cool in the early days was the exclusiveness of DVD. I was able to feel so darn special that I had DVD and 5 whole discs! I know that is ancient history now that I find full DVD movies in boxes of cereal!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I remember a vitriol-laden post of mine under spoiler tags where I blasted George Lucas and his DVD producer Rick McCallum on the original plan to release the Original Trilogy. I wish I still had a copy of that--people tell me they spit up on their monitors when they read it. :)

I remember when DVD Resource was a viable concern, and HDTV Resource was merely a glint of the future. And I remember when I had to choose between family and self over web ventures--and how I made the only choice I could, given the circumstances.

Later,
Steve

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I remember the following:

The debates over Laserdisc Audio vs Dvd Audio
DD vs DTS with the usual suspects
Yes but if you do that today I guarantee it will be threadfarted on pretty fast which is sad of course..

Someone mentioned Obi and his upgrade obsession: He is still at it. :)

Anyone remember David600 from the software forum at all? He spent alot of time at AVS after the multiple bannings but it appears he has dropped off the map.

I remember when we didn't have a video game forum.

Fun Times indeed.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
...when Ted Lee was the most popular dude on the forum.

Oh, wait...

Nevermind! :D

You know we love 'ya, Ted...

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Remember Bob and his obsession with Def Techs? And how he argued against SVS but didn't even own a subwoofer!! :thumbsdown:

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I think AVS banned him too IIRC. There is a guy that many suspect is him called "markotran" but again that's only guessing at this point. Yes I do remember Bob_A. I think people even offered to send him an SPL meter to calibrate too and he turned them down.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
"Freedom of choice is a good thing." (Including the choice to play 16x9 DVDs squeezed on 4x3 sets- if all discs were done like that, pan and scan would be unnecessary!)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Remember when THIS was the main splash page??

Ok so I wasn't around, but still found it amusing?

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
...we used to drool over our imported Japanese Laserdiscs of Star Wars Episode 1.

...Steve Christou mailed pictures of his girlfriend Sandra to everyone who asked for it in a thread.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:laugh: Aaah those were the days, so many years ago! Wow! The only reason I joined the forum was to hand out pictures of Sandra and leave, but.. I decided to stay on...;)

Anyone remember the rude message in German she posted to some of you guys here in After Hours, something about wasting too much time on the net when you should all be out looking for girls to shag? A classic! :D

btw she's 27 now and still a hotty.:emoji_thumbsup:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
When Al Brown was... Al Brown ;)

When I was clearly in a few mods' crosshair *cough*craw*cough*daddy*cough*.

Christou and Eric 'nuff said.

Not long ago, but it feels like it: When John Williamson would start threads about the latest bombshell.

Agreed. It's unbelievable how one phrase posted without much though can send you to the Hall of Fame.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks