What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Scrooged (1988) (4k UHD) (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Comedy legend Bill Murray stars in the uproarious classic SCROOGED, celebrating its 35th anniversary this year and arriving for the first time ever on 4K Ultra HD from Paramount Home Entertainment on November 7, 2023 with never-before-released special features!

Originally released on November 23, 1988, SCROOGED is an outrageously funny take on a beloved Dickens tale that has become a perennial holiday favorite. The high-spirited and biting comedy follows a television executive with a heart of stone and features an all-star cast including Karen Allen, John Forsythe, Bobcat Goldthwait, Carol Kane, Robert Mitchum, and Alfre Woodard.

Scrooged_4K_UHD_Front-S.jpg

This new release includes the remastered film in sparkling 4K Ultra HD, access to a Digital copy of the film, as well as over 50 minutes of never-before-released special features! Take a journey with the ghost of Christmas past to discover behind-the-scenes featurettes and an insightful commentary by director Richard Donner, now on disc for the first time. The full list of bonus content is below:

· Commentary by director Richard Donner

· A Christmas to Remember

· Updating Ebenezer

· Bringing the Ghosts to Life

· The Look of Scrooged

· On the Set with Bill Murray

· ShoWest Clips with Bill Murray

Synopsis

Frank Cross (Bill Murray) is an uncaring and unforgiving television executive whose live production of ‘A Christmas Carol’ is more important to him than any true meaning of Christmas. Before the night is over, he'll take a hilarious journey through his past and into the future to find redemption and put a little love in his heart.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Top post updated with official Paramount press release and new artwork

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I take it the never-before-seen special features are from the never-materialized "Yule Love It!" Edition DVD that Paramount teased years ago?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I take it the never-before-seen special features are from the never-materialized "Yule Love It!" Edition DVD that Paramount teased years ago?

I asked about that on the DVD forum and didn't get a reply yet, but... I guess.

I didn't even remember there was supposed to be a DVD with supplements!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
On Paramount+ now in 4K/Dolby Vision

Interesting.

I don't have Paramount+

Did they include the Overture which was omitted from the Blu-ray release?
Wonder if the digital release will get an upgrade, and more importantly, if there will be an eventual 4k disc release.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
Interesting.

I don't have Paramount+

Did they include the Overture which was omitted from the Blu-ray release?
Wonder if the digital release will get an upgrade, and more importantly, if there will be an eventual 4k disc release.
I think you're thinking of "Scrooge," not "Scrooged." "Scrooged" in on Paramount+ in 4K now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks