What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - The Maltese Falcon (1941) -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the film does look amazing and it was so well made. Loved the brisk dialogue, the camera moves and the flow. I liked how Sam Spade has a set of rules he loves by and that makes him the hard boiled man. I get that term now. Too bad for the femme fatale.

I don’t smoke, but those cigarette lighters seen are neat!

schugh

Auditioning
Real Name
Sanjay Chugh
Unfortunately, the Canadian release does not include a digital copy. But Amazon Canada still charges about $40 bucks for the 4K blu ray . The USA version costs $23.79 ( equivalent to approximately $32.50 Canadian) and includes a digital code. Why do I feel like we’re being shafted?
Yeah tell me about it. It's so frustrating. I've been waiting for the price to drop but it hasn't budged.
Many new releases in Amazon Canada are priced high lately for the last year. Not sure what's going on.
Online ordering from smaller businesses always adds too much in shipping so I don't bother normally there either.

But I gave up and bought this and Rebel and Cool Hand Luke from sunrise records for ~$37 Canadian.
Also lack of digital code doesn't make sense either to me. I don't know what's the deal there as most other mainstream studio releases all include digital codes in Canada. I can do without it but it would be nice to have.

So yes "shafted" about sums it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks