Quick suggestion on Cambridge speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by nagesh, Aug 18, 2003.

1. nagesh

nagesh Extra

Hi all,
    I am looking for Cambridge Home theater speakers, especially there 3rd and 4th Ensemble series, so I need your help in choosing the best. Are they really good or they are a dud like BOSE.
    Please suggest me soon as I will be ordering it by tommorow.

2. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

I think that the Cambridge speakers are much better than Bose and they cost much less than Bose.
    If you're going with the Ensemble IV system I hope its for a small room because thats what its intended for. If you have a bigger room then get one of the bigger systems unless your budget wont allow that. If you get it from hifi.com you can try it for 45 days and return it if you dont like it.

3. gregD

gregD Second Unit

Agreed... Cambridge is way better than Bose, for considerably less money.

Also agree with the suggestion that the smallest of their systems may not be enough to fill a larger room... also note that the 3 or 4 smallest Cambridge sat-sub systems feature passive subwoofers, which could strain a low-powered receiver... a powered sub is preferable, but will cost a little more... the specs on the hifi.com page are fairly clear on what each of their many systems feature.

Even if your budget allows only for the least expensive choice, you'll get a quality product with Cambridge... but those are intended for small rooms or desktop applications.