What's new

Question about Twilight Zone DVD's (1 Viewer)

Tom Czr

Agent
How many volumes?

Are all episodes included?

What about the two (I believe) 'lost' episodes...including pilot?

Are the special features the same on every disk or does each volume have some origional format?

---Franticly searching my house for my dog eared Twilight Zone Companion

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
I have 45 discs, the two "Treasures" and the the vols 1-43. Most, but not all of the eps on the two treasures were repeated in the vols. The treasures both have the same interview with Rod Serling (by Dan Rather prior to the series airing) and his pitch for the series. All the discs have episode summaries and series summaries. Some of the episode summaries contain very interesting background information. The later discs (and I haven't gone back to check when they started) have Easter eggs with music only tracks and episode trailers. I have found the TZ discs to be a favorite part of my DVD collection.

Kenneth

Tom Czr

Agent
Thanks for the info. Local stations no longer play the TZ's at thier traditional (years ago in NY at least)1am slot.

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
One minor correction... I think the vintage Serling interview was by Mike Wallace, not Rather. It's amazing how much cigarette smoke was floating in the air on that set during that interview!

The TZ Companion is a great book. The author of that book is the guy who wrote the episode descriptions that are on the DVDs.

I finally got the rest of the TZ discs I needed when DVD Planet ran a $9.99 sale a few weeks back. It's a great collection, but I wish they had put the episodes on the discs in the order they originally aired instead of the haphazard way they did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks