What's new

Question about nOrh speakers... (1 Viewer)

Ryan Libby

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for a sub $1500 speaker system. I am considering nOrh, the 4.0 video system, or maybe a pair of 5.2 prizms with a 4.1 prizm. I plain on buying a seperate sub. My question is about the sound performance difference between the prizms and the drums. Does one sound "better" than the other? I see the prizms have a deeper bass. I wish I could just go listen to them and make my own opinion. Thanks for your opinions.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
The Prisms have deeper bass but the drums sound better as they are more detailed and have a wider soundstage. This is according to most nOrh owners. Having both the ceramic 4.0s and wood 5.1s I can tell you that the wood will produce a slightly warmer sound. Your best bet to see if any near you has either the Prisms or drums is to check HarmicDiscord.com or email Michael Barnes.

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator
The drums are definitely better than the prisms. I have owned both the 4.1 and 5.2 prisms, and the 4.0 video set in ceramic. That being said, I have neither now. I decided to get the EFE Technologies speakers. They are much more detailed and full sounding, without any harshness. The complete package was $2100, without sub. I use an SVS for the bottom end.
I realize this is above your budget, but believe me, you really want to buy speakers only once. I have been through 7 sets of 5.1 systems in the last 2 years, and it is a hassle. Now, when I see posts about the latest speaker, like Nohr, VMPS, Rockets, Divas or any of the others, I just laugh. I am sure there are many people who will be like me in the past, and buy these speakers hoping to find the end all. I will be content to have a beer and listen to some music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks