A couple of quick questions...nOrh and B&W

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack_Geo, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Jack_Geo

Jack_Geo Stunt Coordinator

Greetings, all...

two hopefully quick questions:

1) (The easy one) My dad needs a B&W CC6 S2 center channel to complete his front 3 speakers. He's using the DM602 S2's as front L & R. Unfortunately, the CC6 S2's are discontinued and he's having trouble finding one. Can anyone point me in the right direction or know of anyone looking to get rid of one? For whatever reason, he doesn't want to step up to the LCR60 (the CC6 replacement, I think), so I need to find the older model.

2) Now, to my question! I'm considering some nOrh speakers...which ones I'm not sure of yet. In any event, I don't see them talked about much here. The people that do talk about them are very emotional about them, similar to the Diva talk elsewhere. So...basically, I'm just wondering if the nOrh's are good speakers, if they produce good sound, are good value for the dollar, and do they compare with some of the other brands that are talked about alot on here...Diva, Paradigm, B&W, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Jack

2. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. Wait, what was the question again? I think the norh's are considered very good speakers for the price. If you want the pretty marble versions you will pay a lot more than for the ceramic models and I'm told they are sonically about the same. Norh has some great package deals on their website, you just have to look for them. They are in some section where you don't expect them. They have a 5 speaker package of SM6.9's and 3 norh ceramic 4.0's for $1600. That would be a great system. The Diva speakers are also good. I'm looking at these two for my next system because they look great, I'm told they sound great, and they won't break the bank. Might wanna see if anyone in your area has any you can check out. I dont' know about the other speaker question.

3. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

Jack-

the CC6 is a weak center channel speaker. It really doesn't do the job well so forget about it and get the updated model (hopefully much better).

4. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

The only place you're going to find the CC6 now is Ebay. But I agree, the CC6 never lived up to the 601 or 602. It would be worth it for your dad to go listen to the LCR.